Interesting news for photography nerds

Jon Stockill

Nov 16, 2015, 8:44:15 AM11/16/15
to Leeds Hackspace Group
I've just been to WY Cameras (I was well behaved, my bank balance
survived), and it seems that they're in the process of setting up a
darkroom for black and white printing. Proposed costs are £20/half day
£30/full day. They'll have 3 enlargers covering everything up to 4"x5"
sheet film. They're also planning on running workshops, projected costs
for an all day plate workshop is £100 - with a couple of plates to take
home, and standard black and white printing workshops are expected to be
cheaper.

I'll keep an eye open for more details on when its opening, but is
anyone interested in the workshops (and after that maybe sharing a days
hire)?

--
Jon Stockill
li...@stockill.net

Molly Fletcher

Nov 16, 2015, 9:02:35 AM11/16/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Yes - I even have a roll of Illford HP5 ready and waiting

Owen Grein

Nov 16, 2015, 9:34:00 AM11/16/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
I have been trying to get rid of my old film cameras for a while now, can't give them away. If anybody wants them they are free to good home. got a nikon em and a practica tl1000 and a load of lenses, etc. Have tried local camera clubs but nobody is interested. If anybody knows anyone thats after some then let me know :)

Molly Fletcher

Nov 16, 2015, 9:38:17 AM11/16/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
I might be interested - particularly if you have any interesting glass.

Daniel F

Nov 16, 2015, 9:38:55 AM11/16/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com

Samwise Wilson

Nov 17, 2015, 7:37:18 AM11/17/15
to Leeds Hack Space
The unions darkroom was just refurbished, anyone can be a member (even non students) - darkroom membership is £16 for the year with chemicals provided!

Im happy to run a few sessions if needed.

Jon Stockill

Nov 17, 2015, 1:48:41 PM11/17/15
On 16.11.2015 14:38, Daniel F wrote:
> As I said in IRC, count me in, though I'll need to find some analogue
> gear. :)

An EOS 500 can be had for £15, or an EOS 3 for £100 if you want
something awesome.

Your EF lenses will fit.

--
Jon Stockill
li...@stockill.net

stethe...@googlemail.com

Nov 18, 2015, 12:50:05 PM11/18/15
to Leeds Hack Space
Thats pretty cool. I've got an classic Olympus trip 35 at home. Would be cool to learn how to develop pictures.

Daniel Fligg

Nov 18, 2015, 2:33:03 PM11/18/15
to Leeds Hackspace

Lense, singular ;)

Might have to grab a 500...though as you said the other night, developing costs are going to be the killer.

Though now I'm wondering if grandpa still has his bellows camera... :)