Beer, bowling and plenty of food Sat 11th July 2015

Onlyhalfdone

Jul 2, 2015, 3:32:01 PM7/2/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, we've arranged another afternoon of bowling followed by plenty of food and beer.

Meeting at the Belgrave Music Hall, behind the Merrion Centre for 12 noon. Have a drink there and some food before heading off to bowling between 1 and 2pm followed by more beer at the Belgrave before moving around a few more pubs before ending the night at the bus station probably via Mc Nuddle Kings!

All are welcome, it's really light hearted and loads of fun. If you bowl under 100 you'll fit in great! The Belgrave serves some nice beers and good coffee too. The food is good value serving pizza by the slice, fantastic burgers and lush chips with cheese, peppers and lardons. Plus veggie stuff too.

If you are a new member and nervous about coming along, don't be! You'll be made welcome have lots of fun and make some new friends too. Obviously if your an arse it might not be so much fun! :-p

We are out until the last bus home, I'm usually drunk and twice my starting weight with a food baby! All are welcome regardless of gender, race, sexuality!

If you are interested in coming along but not sure where we will be at the time you can make it you can ask on irc and someone spot your message. Or alternatively drop me a message and I'll give you my number.

To recap by the end of the night you will have...
Made a fool of yourself bowling.
Be drunk or over caffeinated
Be pregnant with a food baby
Talked a lot of geek crap
Made new friends
Had fun
Tried some chillie jam you instantly regret
Learnt something but then forgot it due to alcohol
A hangover

Let me know who's interested
Andy

Christopher Stanton

Jul 3, 2015, 7:51:24 PM7/3/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com

Want me to put this on the meetup page?

Onlyhalfdone

Jul 4, 2015, 3:18:00 AM7/4/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Yes please... Where is the meet up page btw?

Alex Silcock

Jul 5, 2015, 5:39:33 PM7/5/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
This is our Meetup page: http://www.meetup.com/Leeds-Hackspace/

On 4 July 2015 at 08:18, Onlyhalfdone <onlyha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes please... Where is the meet up page btw?

mar...@ranyard.info

Jul 6, 2015, 5:59:15 AM7/6/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com, Alex Silcock
People (specifically the ones who arranged this),

Are you aware that Saturday 11th is our open day?

It would be quite frankly pretty shit if new people turned up at the
hackspace at 2pm (we're "open" 10-4pm) to find noone there because we're
all out bowling and drinking.

Cheers,
--
Martyn

On 2015-07-05 22:39, Alex Silcock wrote:
> This is our Meetup page: http://www.meetup.com/Leeds-Hackspace/ [2]
>
> On 4 July 2015 at 08:18, Onlyhalfdone <onlyha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes please... Where is the meet up page btw?
>>
>> --
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> [2] http://www.meetup.com/Leeds-Hackspace/

Onlyhalfdone

Jul 6, 2015, 8:09:04 AM7/6/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martyn,

I had no idea sorry, I asked a couple of weeks ago if anyone was interested we agreed that date, so that's what I circulated. Nav, Paul, Jo, Matt do you want to change it or pop back for an hour or so after bowling? I'm easy, although it would probably August before I can find a free day.

Cheers

Jon Stockill

Jul 7, 2015, 10:14:18 AM7/7/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
I'm happy to be around for the open day. Need to be in Wakefield from
about 9pm anyway, and drinking from Lunchtime to 3am seems like a
particularly bad idea.....

--
Jon Stockill
li...@stockill.net

pa...@nowt.org

Jul 8, 2015, 1:48:26 PM7/8/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
I suggest replacing bowling with the open day. i.e. a quick half at
lunch, then to the Hackspace for the majority of the open day. Slope off
to the pub 3-4pm depending how busy it is.

My guess is if we go to the pub them bowling we'll probably never make
it to the open day!

Paul

Onlyhalfdone

Jul 8, 2015, 1:53:40 PM7/8/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Paul, sounds good, meet up for lunch then head to the open day?

Matt C

Jul 8, 2015, 5:46:37 PM7/8/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Can't make this anymore :(