Auf Wiedersehen England

Martyn Ranyard

Jun 18, 2017, 8:40:08 PM6/18/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Hello Hackspace folk.

As some of you are already aware, I am fleeing these sceptered isles and heading for Berlin (home of the CCC, don't be jealous!)

As this is a new chapter in my life I'm trying to start it as fresh as possible and to that end am selling most of my worldly possessions.

There are some things I'm donating to the space (George at least will be glad to hear that includes the black soldering station) and in the near future, there will appear a few boxes for scavenging. I've already arranged for the carcasses of said boxes to be scrapped. If you feel like what you take is worth a donation to the "help Martyn set up in Berlin fund", analogue money can be given to Alex or digital details are in my signature below.

There are also some other items that some of you may be interested that are slowly being added to this Google sheet : https://docs.google.com/a/theendofhistether.org.uk/spreadsheets/d/1u-FskwFMlchUxDBGGgmIdvhnRyuftaP502Pcp9eOlTk/edit?usp=drivesdk . Anyone can edit that sheet so please don't make me have to lock it down!

I'll still have this email and the same Twitter account as always so people can keep in touch.

Cheers
--
Martyn

https://monzo.me/martynalanranyard
https://paypal.me/imartyn
or email me for bank details

Stanto

Jun 18, 2017, 8:54:38 PM6/18/17
to Leeds Hack Space
Well, time for Berlin to have a Werewolves chapter eh? Hope you have fun over there and enjoy CCC!

If you find yourself needing to offload the robox then it'd do well for the Hackspace to have a reliable 3d printer, perhaps some offer to you can be made for the dual head you bought for it. :)

When a colleague of mine moved to Berlin though, they hired a cargo container - you could consider that! (you probably have though).

Thanks for your generous offerings and efforts put into leeds hackspace, you're always welcome, since you're not a werewolf/cylon/spy. (delete as appropriate).

George Scott

Jun 19, 2017, 3:13:14 AM6/19/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Great news Martyn! - and yes; thanks for the kit! :0) - enjoy Berlin - you're always welcome at LHS.

George.

Message has been deleted

Callum Snowden

Jun 19, 2017, 5:33:47 AM6/19/17
to Leeds Hack Space
Best of luck with Berlin! Be sure to keep us updated wit how you're getting on.

Phil Hutchinson

Jun 19, 2017, 8:31:30 AM6/19/17
to Leeds Hack Space
Sorry to hear you are going, happy to see that you are progressing and going on adventures!!

will miss you

james riley

Jun 19, 2017, 11:49:31 AM6/19/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Unusual question: would you prefer Euros over Pounds, since you're going to Germany?

Jaames

mar...@ranyard.info

Jun 19, 2017, 12:42:56 PM6/19/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com, james riley
On 2017-06-19 16:49, james riley wrote:
> Unusual question: would you prefer Euros over Pounds, since you're
> going to Germany?
>
> Jaames

Sure would, I just assume that most people don't have a stash of Euros
handy :-) I also don't have a Euros account yet as German banks require
a German address unfortunately.

Cheers,
--
Martyn

Morgan Barke

Jun 19, 2017, 5:50:05 PM6/19/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Hey Martyn
I would appreciate a private email (rather than discuss it here), before you make your very own Brexit. Apologies for the public post, but my direct emails must not be getting past your spam filter, as I have had no response...
Cheers, Morgan

onlyha...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2017, 12:57:27 PM6/20/17
to Leeds Hack Space
Good luck Martin... sorry to see you go! Keep in touch!

Rob Whitfield

Jun 24, 2017, 6:08:57 PM6/24/17
to Leeds Hack Space
I have to say I'm pretty jealous, although even after trying to learn German for a couple of years I'm still pretty terrible so maybe it wouldn't go so well for me.

I'd be interested in the SDN switch and two dice games. I've added notes to that effect to your sheet.

Also any chance of a bit more info on the audio and video gear you're trying to get rid of?

Best of luck in Germany!

Robin

mar...@ranyard.info

Jun 25, 2017, 11:37:42 AM6/25/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Robin,

I assume you're gonna pick those up from Werewolves?

I've added a few more details with links to specs/reviews on the sheet.

Ich auch Spreche klein deusche but apparently that's not a problem for
my employer or Berlin in general.

Cheers,
--
Martyn

mar...@ranyard.info

Jun 25, 2017, 6:37:00 PM6/25/17
On 2017-06-19 01:40, Martyn Ranyard wrote:
<<lotsa farewell stuff>>>
> https://docs.google.com/a/theendofhistether.org.uk/spreadsheets/d/1u-FskwFMlchUxDBGGgmIdvhnRyuftaP502Pcp9eOlTk/edit?usp=drivesdk
> [1] . Anyone can edit that sheet so please don't make me have to lock
> it down!

I've updated the sheet with more stuff from boxes I found and dropped
the "price" field because I realised there's only one thing I
specifically have a price in mind for, seriously, these things are
probably not coming with me to Germany, so feel free to make an offer,
don't let the original price put you off.

Cheers,
--
Martyn

samson B

Jul 2, 2017, 10:22:19 AM7/2/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
hi Martin if u can pm me your bank details I can send u a donation for the case and some other bits ?