projects

Cathy - Jean Hyman

Jan 6, 2017, 4:04:51 AM1/6/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com

To Whom it may concern,
I have been working on a new cosplay for some time now and have hit a brick wall in my search for decent props.
My friend Sabine suggested I look for my local makerspace and ask for help.
She suggested that maybe a Makerspace would have a 3d printer able to do a adequate rendition or if not have people there who could make suggestions.
So my question is, are you willing to hear my question i guess :D

--
Midnight Starkweather

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus

J C

Jan 6, 2017, 4:16:24 AM1/6/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Cathy, we are indeed willing to hear your question. you can pose it on here or come down and talk to us in person. There are a number of friendly people who should be able to give you useful ideas and help We have the open night every Tuesday from 7pm and an open day the second Saturday of every month from 11am.  We are also having an impromptu discussion tonight on the craft area and a couple of cos-players will be coming along to that if you want to join us from 6:45 tonight.

We used to have a regular who made really excellent props as a side business. Last I heard he was back in Leeds so I may have to prod him about coming down again.

Joe

Andy51055

Jan 6, 2017, 4:18:29 AM1/6/17
to Leeds Hack Space, cathyjea...@gmail.com
Good morning
We're always willing to hear questions (other than 'Can you hack my mate's Facebook page') and almost always keen to suggest solutions/ideas. I would suggest coming down on a Tuesday evening when there are the most people in the space, so the greatest chance of finding a solution.
We have a couple of 3D printers (at least one of which works) and a cosplay dragon-scale printing idea that people want an excuse to try/adapt - basically how to incorporate printed stuff into material. Might this be of some use?