New Scroll Saw for the Space

DrBwts

Nov 19, 2015, 6:27:56 AM11/19/15
to Leeds Hack Space
Hi all,

I'm going to bring down a scroll saw for the space on Saturday. Its on free loan basis & I will personally pay for any up keep for the machine.

After talking to Nav last weekend about where to put it he suggested we put it where the router is, as this doesnt get used very much.

Is everyone OK with this arrangement?

Nic

Daniel Fligg

Nov 19, 2015, 7:05:49 AM11/19/15
to Leeds Hackspace

Works for me. Please mark it very obviously as being yours on loan, do not hack, people welcome to use, etc :)

DrBwts

Nov 22, 2015, 12:36:16 PM11/22/15
to Leeds Hack Space
OK the scroll saw is now where the router used to be. The router in on the shelf underneath where it used to be.

There is a box of fittings just behind the saw (a couple of new blades and screw fittings for odd sized or weird fitting blades)

It can comfortably cut up to 25mm but can be pushed to 50mm if careful (expect broken blades!)

Bottom line, cut slowly, plan your cut before you commit.

Good luck

Nic

J C

Nov 22, 2015, 2:48:21 PM11/22/15