Laser cutter inductors

J C

Apr 12, 2017, 12:10:12 PM4/12/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
As it is one of our more popular tools it would be useful if we could have more inductors available for the laser cutter to better spread the awesomeness. Can willing people who feel confident they would be able to induct someone on the laser cutter please make themselves known on this thread? Also state if you have inducted someone before or not.

There is checklist available for when going through the induction to help standardise the induction, check everything has been covered and generally make it easier for the person running the induction.

Thanks

Joe .

Ari Lloyd

Apr 12, 2017, 3:41:59 PM4/12/17
to Leeds Hack Space
Hi,

I've not done an induction before but feel I might be able to with a checklist.

J C

Apr 12, 2017, 3:43:59 PM4/12/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Ari :) lets talk about it and go over the checklist next time we are both in the space.

On 12 Apr 2017 8:42 pm, "Ari Lloyd" <transluce...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I've not done an induction before but feel I might be able to with a checklist.

Ari Lloyd

Apr 12, 2017, 4:00:27 PM4/12/17
to Leeds Hack Space
Cool beans. Looking forward to it :)

samson B

Apr 12, 2017, 4:44:22 PM4/12/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
howdy iv not done any but same are Ari I could with a check list :) I want be able to till I get the arcade done as all my brian power I have left will go on that :)

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 9:00 PM, Ari Lloyd <transluce...@gmail.com> wrote:
Cool beans. Looking forward to it :)

Alex Silcock

Apr 12, 2017, 5:21:57 PM4/12/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
I'd be able to help with inductions if I have a refresher around some of the finer details and have a list to run through.

J C

Apr 12, 2017, 5:58:41 PM4/12/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Thank you all three of you. This should open up inductions to more people nicely.

See you all soon to talk about it.

Andy51055

Apr 13, 2017, 2:31:51 AM4/13/17
to Leeds Hack Space
I'm always* happy to do inductions.

*for a range of 'always' that doesn't include 'when I'm too tired to do it safely'**

**See, I can be sensible sometimes.

Jon Stockill

Apr 13, 2017, 5:16:52 AM4/13/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Happy to induct people, think I've got an account for adding people to
the card access but I can't find the details.

--
Jon Stockill
li...@stockill.net

J C

Apr 13, 2017, 6:24:44 AM4/13/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Nav and Andy. I can provide a link to activate cards but we currently dont have a setup for reading cards at the space. In the meantime you can just email me or pm me in IRC when an induction is done and sort it out from there.