British Science Festival: open call for artists and makers

Marissa Chazan

May 13, 2015, 12:33:18 PM5/13/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com

Hi Leeds Hackspace,

I am emailing you about an opportunity to get involved with our arts program at this year’s British Science Festival, which will bring cutting-edge science and technology to the city of Bradford from Monday 7th to Thursday 10th of September (please note that this is separate from the succeeding Fringe occurring over the weekend). We’re really interested in having a group of makers hold creative workshops, and thought that you might be interested in getting involved or could pass on the opportunity to others.

We are seeking individuals and organisations to propose creative activities, exhibitions and performances to be part of North Parade After Dark: an evening ‘culture crawl’ exploring the science of transformations. After Dark will be held on Bradford’s newly transformed North Parade from 6pm to 10pm on Tuesday 8th of September. We are especially interested in individuals and organisations that are local to Bradford and Yorkshire. Each organiser will be awarded a grant of £100 to £500. Events may take any form, but should engage with scientific content in some way.

See the attached brief for more information and details of how to submit. If you have any questions or want to discuss the brief, please do not hesitate to get in contact. We encourage applications from those with minimal experience in the sector. The deadline for proposals is Sunday 7th of June, and we will respond to all applicants by the end of June.

Please pass this email on to anyone that might be interested in getting involved!

Kind regards,

Marissa Chazan

The British Science Association believes that science should be a part of – rather than set apart from – society and culture, and is owned by the wider community. Our programmes encourage people of all ages and backgrounds to engage with science, become ambassadors for science, and ultimately to be empowered to challenge and influence British science - whether they work in science or not.

Marissa Chazan
Project Officer

British Science Association
Wellcome Wolfson Building
165 Queen’s Gate
London
SW7 5HD

T: +44 (0)20 7019 4946

E: marissa...@britishscienceassociation.org

Website: http://www.britishscienceassociation.org

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BritSciAssoc

British Science Association is the operating name and registered trademark of the British Association for the Advancement of Science. Registered charity 212479 and SC039236

This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System on behalf of
the British Science Association (http://www.britishscienceassociation.org)
North Parade Brief.pdf