Beard Oil

Parsley

Apr 21, 2018, 6:13:56 AM4/21/18
to Leeds Hack Space
Hey folks,

I seem to have finally gone full hipster and decided buying beard oil is not for me, when clearly I should be making my own artisanal folical fragrancers and conditioners.

On that note, anyone else interested in having a play around with different smells and mixing up some of their own? If there's enough interest, maybe we can do a workshop/mixing session.

If not, feel free to mock me and my (oily) slippery slope to Portland.

-P

Anzir Boodoo

Apr 21, 2018, 7:11:07 AM4/21/18
to 'Aidan Dunbar' via Leeds Hack Space
Parsley,
I’m in, being hipster enough to actually use beard oil, though largely the Superdrug variety as it’s not silly expensive

—
Anzir Boodoo MRes MILT | Urbanist, Samuel L. Foxton
Twitter: @samuellfoxton Facebook, Pinterest & YouTube: Samuel L. Foxton

Matt Dyson-Bird (CuppaMatt)

Apr 21, 2018, 10:15:23 AM4/21/18
to Leeds Hack Space
Count me in, after all... with great Beard comes Great Responsibility

Andy51055

Apr 21, 2018, 1:48:58 PM4/21/18
to Leeds Hack Space
Beard oil, like hair oil, was very popular 150 years ago. Unfortunately there were associated problems - the popularity of Macassar Oil as a hair oil led to the invention of antimacassars, which they still had on train seats when I was young, to protect the upholstery from oily stains.
Hirsute Victorian gentlemen protected their pillows and sheets with https://thebeardguard.com/

I see another workshop coming up...

This has been a Public Service Announcement

james riley

Apr 21, 2018, 1:51:10 PM4/21/18
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
I still don't *actually* have time to be around the hackspace, but Im interested in your process, and if you end up with a cool oil I might be interested in buying some of your excess.

Andy51055

Apr 21, 2018, 3:27:11 PM4/21/18
to Leeds Hack Space
If you're after interesting oils and aromatics, this is the place to go (just down from Leeds station): http://www.idaromatics.co.uk/

Parsley

Apr 24, 2018, 2:58:32 PM4/24/18
to Leeds Hack Space
I've got quite a few oils already, but if people want to get their own etc then go ahead.

If it's only gonna be a few of us, let's sort a day that works for us and we can have a play around, if there are more interested, then I might want to hop online and get some more carrier oils and bottles...