A Very Sad Goodbye.. For Now!

Mark Heyster

Jul 21, 2015, 8:47:28 AM7/21/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

As of last week, I unfortunately had to leave Leeds in a huge hurry, without getting a chance to say a proper goodbye, due to a big mix-up with timings at work; a new position opened up sooner than expected and I am 'on call' to fill in the gap.

Currently I am sitting in my mate's rather dreary little house in Loughborough waiting to hear from the design team at Unilever regarding a further year working down in Port Sunlight, Liverpool.

Sadly it looks like I won't be in Leeds permanently for almost another year, but chances are looking good that I end up moving back early next year to resume the work that I was doing in the factory in Seacroft.

For now though, I'm sad to say that I won't be visiting the Leeds Hackspace for quite some time! :(

You have all been extremely welcoming, and I have now find myself a little bit lost without something to do every Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday! I've learn so much, and I've enjoyed seeing the things that you guys get up to and meeting like minded, creative people with a passion for cool stuff!

Luckily I have seen that there is a Hackspace in Nottingham that I might go and check out - should keep me sane for a while!

Thanks again, and kind regards,

Mark Heyster (The South African Prop Maker)

PS. And if I ever manage to finish off the Portal Gun, I'll send the first casting your way!

Daniel Fligg

Jul 21, 2015, 8:52:42 AM7/21/15
to Leeds Hackspace
Mark,

Massive thank you for your involvement in the space over the last few months. You very quickly settled in and are a pleasure to have around  -it also makes us all seem far cooler by association when your props are floating about :)

Sorry work got so silly; I hope it sorts itself out. Nottingham has an obscene space with immense resources and lovely people  -and know that as/when you do make it back to Leeds, there's always going to be a membership available to you.

(slightly grumpy) Fligg
  (-because I don't like saying good bye)

Stanto

Jul 21, 2015, 6:53:09 PM7/21/15
to Leeds Hack Space
You're going to enjoy Nottinghack, they have many toys in the workshop.

See you around!

Morgan Barke

Jul 24, 2015, 3:22:16 AM7/24/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Maybe consider a visit to Derby Makers @ the Silk Mlll, on a Wednesday or Thursday evening. Especially if you need a full size CNC router. I am there most weeks, as I moved from Leeds to Derbyshire a few years back.
Ref: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/derby-makers