Community Crowdfunding Project - Left Bank Soup- September 23rd, 7pm

Lianne Potter

Sep 18, 2015, 4:29:03 AM9/18/15
Hi All!

Just a quick reminder about next Wednesday's event!

We've got some really great pitchers lined up with some wonderful projects in mind that you can help support by just showing up and providing a donation (and you get fed, how about that!).

If you are going to attend, can you let us know on our eventbrite page or on our facebook page just so that we can work out the numbers when we are making the soup.

And as always, please do spread the word!

Best,

Lianne

Left Bank Soup Volunteer

Photography by www.jamesandlianne.com

Left Bank Soup is Back!

Wednesday 23rd September @ 7PM

Hi There!*

You may recall my email way back in early June about our first event for Left Bank Soup- Well I'm happy to say it was a massive success so we're putting on another one on the 23rd September and I thought I would email and let you know about it and how we got on last time!

So What Happened?

Well it was wonderful really! We had a great turn out for voters, a bit of live music, lush soup and three wonderful pitchers. The winner, Incredible Edible Kirkstall went away with £215 in the pot which has already been put to good use (http://westleedsdispatch.com/feeding-west-leeds-community-growing-revolution-takes-kirkstall/) .

Not only that- TCV for Hollybush Farm we offered directly the £80 they needed to put up their picture rail for an art event by an audience member perfectly summing up the ethos of not only raising money but also raising awareness and getting people aware of all the good work going on in Leeds!

We were really pleased with how well the event turned out so we have been quick to work to prepare for the next one in September!

Check out our FB page for more images and details: https://www.facebook.com/leftbanksoup?fref=photo

So What Do We Need This Time?

We're after quite a few things this time round and I hope you can help by sharing a flyer (attached) or our FB page or getting them to email our so...@leftbankleeds.org.uk

We would like:

* More Pitchers- People with a great idea who needs a bit of cash to help get their project to where it needs to be

* Attendees- We'd love to get more people involved not only to make the pot bigger but also to spread the word about the great events/ projects that are going on in Leeds

* Volunteers- Fancy giving us a hand setting up? Want to be more involved and help us promote our Soup? Let us know, we're a nice bunch and there's always room for a few more!

* Performers- Musicians or other types of performers who'd like to share a talent in between the pitching. It wont be paid I'm afraid as we're trying to keep the door money to go entirely to the winning project but if you need a forum to practice or would like a bit of publicity we'd love to hear from you!

*Designers/ Artists- Not a biggy this one but we'd love any submissions for a flyer that really captures the ethos of Left Bank Soup

Thanks for taking the time again to read this, We really hope you can help!

Many Thanks,

Lianne
Volunteer @ Left Bank Soup

*Sorry for the mass email- I just want to get the message out to as many people as I can about this wonderful event.

Photography by www.jamesandlianne.com

For those of those who don't remember, here's a bit about our event:

What is Left Bank Soup?

Inspired by Detroit's own Detroit Soup (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-31594513) Left Bank Soup is a community crowd-funded get-together in which four pitchers share their idea for a project or activity to help others or inspire the community.

Entry is by donation (recommended at £4) and this is the "prize money." The pitchers get four minutes to pitch their idea  to the audience (No powerpoint, no slides, no iPads-physical props/pictures allowed). After the pitch the audience can ask a maximum of four questions.

Once all the pitches have been given there is an opportunity to discuss the ideas over a veggie soup and tea. Once we've eaten we'll then vote on the idea we'd like the money to go to. The project with the most votes is then announced and the winner gets to take home the cash to go towards their project- no strings attached, it is a gift from the community for the good of the community.

In a few months' time we'll get the winning project in to discuss how its going to keep everyone updated.

Why Join Us?

Leading by Detroit Soup's example (who have raised £57K to date in 5 years towards community projects), we wanted to set up our own Leeds based version to help kickstart some wonderful projects for Leeds people by Leeds people.

Its also a great opportunity to meet new people, hear about community projects and fun things in the city and eat some soup! What's not to like!

How to Get Involved

Photography by www.jamesandlianne.com

Pitchers:

1.    Send an email to so...@leftbankleeds.org.uk giving us a good overview of your idea and answering these questions: What is your idea? How will it benefit the community? If you win how will the Left Bank SOUP money help? How long will it take?

2.       Please provide the name and phone number of someone how can confirm your authenticity! (knows you/can confirm who you are).  Maybe a colleague, professional, mentor, teacher, community or faith leader.

3.       If you are under 18 you must also tell us the name of a responsible adult who will be able to come with you on the evening and support your idea.

4.       All pitches must be received by the current closing date. See the website/eventbrite for details.

Attendees:

Just show up at Left Bank on the 23rd. We ask everyone who comes to make a donation (we’re suggesting £4) and the idea that gets the most votes on the night will receive the donation pot; we don’t know how many people will come or how much money there will be but it’s a small and encouraging contribution to the idea!

Who Else is Involved?

Left Bank is the organiser http://leftbankleeds.org.uk/

More acts TBC

Moto/ Tagline

Listen / Eat / Vote / Connect

Where? When? Contact?

Left Bank Leeds, Cardigan Road, Leeds, LS6 1JL

Wednesday 23rd September 2015- from 7pm until 8.30pm (or we'll keep the bar open longer if people want to stay).

Recommended donation on the door of £4

We'd like applications for pitchers to be in by 18th September, 12noon

Need to know anything else?

flyer_SEPT2015.jpg