Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

Tom Oldbury (Email #2)

ongelezen,
12 jan 2018, 13:32:3912-01-2018
aan Leeds Hack Space
Those who follow Slack/IRC will know that Makerfaire has picked the Uberdisplays to be displayed at the Life Science Centre in Newcastle on the 28th and 29th of April 2018.  This is great news!

We need to get some things sorted before we go to Makerfaire (this is a continuation of the previous post):

1. We need to build the other display controllers but this will require raising some money (approx £100) to purchase parts.  If you would like to contribute please leave a message.  Currently we only have one functioning panel but two would be good and three would be great.  If we build a third we will need to repair one of the power supplies or procure a replacement, so if anyone knows of a spare or cheap 5V, 60A power supply going around please let us know!

2. Displays need to be PAT tested and electrically made safe - Adam is on the task

3. Finalise construction of the panels, neatening up wiring, etc. This is our task (me & Hex).

4. Rent a van and arrange transport for members going (Volunteers accepted - I believe you get a free ticket and lunch).   We will need volunteers for the day to talk to those there and promote the hackspace and hackspaces in general.    Transportation could be train or a car share. Unlikely to be much space in the van, unless only a few people coming.

5. Videos & graphics to play on the displays, as mentioned previously.

6. Anything else not mentioned here please feel free to add

samson B

ongelezen,
12 jan 2018, 17:59:5512-01-2018
aan leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
i will be happy to volentear as i have famely up there so somwhere to stay will need to see if i can get it off work .. also i might try make you sothing to go on as art work ( if i get time )

Ian Oliver

ongelezen,
13 jan 2018, 04:21:2213-01-2018
aan leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com, Tom Oldbury (Email #2)
On 12/01/18 18:32, Tom Oldbury (Email #2) wrote:
> *1. We need to build the other display controllers but this will
> require raising some money (approx £100) to purchase parts. *

I can chip in £25 to get the ball rolling. I also should be able to
attend the event and can take a few others if I drive up.

Ian

Tom Oldbury (Email #2)

ongelezen,
13 jan 2018, 05:56:5413-01-2018
aan Leeds Hack Space
Thanks Ian, appreciated.

Scott Kellie

ongelezen,
13 jan 2018, 06:03:4913-01-2018
aan Leeds Hack Space
It's my birthday on the 27th so this will be a definite plan for me to attend this one! Where we staying? is it worth getting a big airbnb for those that want to stay? Hotels are expensive and a pain in the ass for lots of people.

Stick me down as a volunteer and I can help with the work running up to the event as well. Ooh also if we need perspex enclosures etc. to make it look spanking gorgeous of course I have a contact... He runs a full perspex manufacturing company and has all the tools and stuff for bending and a massive laser cutter that takes a full sheet of perspex. 👍

Ian Oliver

ongelezen,
13 jan 2018, 14:37:0413-01-2018
aan leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com, Tom Oldbury (Email #2)
LED alignment jig as discussed this PM designed in OpenSCAD, 3D printed
and fitted to a panel.

How's that for service!

Corners clipped off as wouldn't fit 200x200mm printer bed otherwise.

Ian

2018-01-13 18.48.36.jpg

Tom Oldbury (Email #2)

ongelezen,
13 jan 2018, 18:32:2313-01-2018
aan Leeds Hack Space
Nice, thanks Ian!

Ian Kernick

ongelezen,
15 jan 2018, 10:34:1315-01-2018
aan Leeds Hack Space
I'd love to come along to this!

I'm pretty unsavvy with the hardware, but willing to help out with any mass soldering or wire organising if it's needed. I can also help out with programming some visuals.

I'll stick £10 in the parts pot too.

Tom Oldbury (Email #2)

ongelezen,
3 feb 2018, 06:24:4503-02-2018
aan Leeds Hack Space
Thanks Ian!  Sorry, missed your post.

So far we have £35 in contributions, but need at least another £15 to get the second display up and £65 to get the third display going.

Any other contributions would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

J C

ongelezen,
3 feb 2018, 10:06:4503-02-2018
aan leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom the committie has agreed to  contribute the remainder to get the 3 displays working.

--

Tom Oldbury (Email #2)

ongelezen,
3 feb 2018, 15:00:5403-02-2018
aan Leeds Hack Space
Thanks Joe!  That's great.

Tom Oldbury (Email #2)

ongelezen,
18 feb 2018, 15:52:4418-02-2018
aan Leeds Hack Space
Thanks to everyone so far that has volunteered to contribute.

If you want to put your donation in, please email dire...@hackspace.org.uk to arrange this.   I suspect it'll be as simple as sending a larger membership payment in.

Parts have been ordered, risk assessment is done,  we're on our way!

Thanks!

J C

ongelezen,
18 feb 2018, 16:03:4318-02-2018
aan leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
For donations sent to the usual account for this please make separate to your membersip and use the reference BALD (big ass led display) along with your name.

Thanks

Ian Kernick

ongelezen,
2 mrt 2018, 10:54:2902-03-2018
aan Leeds Hack Space
Sorry for the late reply to this, I've just come back from holiday.

I've sent £10 over.

Is there a separate email chain or trello board set up with information for this at all?

On 18 Feb 2018 20:52, "Tom Oldbury (Email #2)" <told...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks to everyone so far that has volunteered to contribute.

If you want to put your donation in, please email dire...@hackspace.org.uk to arrange this.   I suspect it'll be as simple as sending a larger membership payment in.

Parts have been ordered, risk assessment is done,  we're on our way!

Thanks!

Ian Oliver

ongelezen,
2 mrt 2018, 11:05:2502-03-2018
aan leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com, J C
On 18/02/18 21:03, J C wrote:
> For donations sent to the usual account for this please make separate
> to your membersip and use the reference BALD (big ass led display)
> along with your name.

My £25 should get done this evening.

Ian

samson B

ongelezen,
6 apr 2018, 05:54:2506-04-2018
aan leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
hi all is there anyone driving up that i could get a lift with one way is fine as can get train back ? no worries if not

samson B

ongelezen,
6 apr 2018, 07:09:5406-04-2018
aan leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
i should have pointed out i can put petroll money towords trip :)

Ian Oliver

ongelezen,
6 apr 2018, 11:11:3806-04-2018
aan leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com, samson B
On 06/04/18 10:54, samson B wrote:
> hi all is there anyone driving up that i could get a lift with one way
> is fine as can get train back ? no worries if not

I was planning on driving and can take 3-4 others.

Ian

Allen beantwoorden
Auteur beantwoorden
Doorsturen