Make:Shift:Do Update

Zoe Dennington

Aug 15, 2017, 9:05:02 AM8/15/17

Make:Shift:Do:  Friday 27 and Saturday 28 October 2017

Dear all,

I just wanted to send a reminder that applications for Make:Shift:Do close in just under a week, on Monday 21st August. We’ve had some great applications so far, including:

·         Robot-building and coding, exploring the impact artificial intelligence might have on human wellbeing

·         E-textiles and biometric monitoring

·         Digitally-designed laser-cut jewellery with personal wellbeing messages

·         Workshops combining digital embroidery and 3D printing with traditional hand-making to explore the meaning of ‘handmade’ and its impact on wellbeing

·         A project investigating methods for the fabrication of bespoke, patient-specific support pads in auxetic foams for patients suffering from Multiple Sclerosis

This year our partners will include Create Education, who support educators to introduce and imbed 3D printing into their work. Create have kindly offered to extend their offer of the free loan of an Ultimaker 3D Printer to Make:Shift:Do venues for this year’s festival, subject to availability. If you’d like to take them up on this, please apply via their website and make a note of this on your Make:Shift:Do application form.

Other confirmed partners include the Institute of Making, Centre for Fine Print Research, and Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design. We have a wide variety of venue applications so far, including makerspaces, Fablabs, galleries, museums, and libraries.

If you’d like to discuss your application with me please do drop me a line— I’m out of the office tomorrow but will here on Thursday and Friday. The details of how to apply are pasted below this email.

Best wishes,

Zoe

Zoe Dennington

Learning and Participation Manager

Crafts Council

0207 806 2503

Sign up to the Crafts Council eNewsletter

Twitter

Facebook

Pinterest

YouTube

Crafts Council, 44a Pentonville Road London N1 9BY
Phone: +44 (0)20 7806 2500
Fax: +44 (0)20 7837 6891

www.craftscouncil.org.uk
Crafts Council Registered Charity Number: 280956

We're all about craft in the UK - if you love craft support us today

States of Play

Sign up to the Crafts Council eNewsletter

Twitter

Facebook

Pinterest

YouTube

Facebook

Crafts Council, 44a Pentonville Road London N1 9BY
Phone: +44 (0)20 7806 2500
Fax: +44 (0)20 7837 6891

www.craftscouncil.org.uk
Crafts Council Registered Charity Number: 280956

Make:Shift:Do:  Friday 27 and Saturday 28 October 2017

Dear all,

I’m delighted to announce that applications for Make:Shift:Do are now open! Further to my email below, you can now view the full application details and apply to host an event here.

Bursaries are available to help makerspaces, fab labs, science centres, galleries and other venues offer free workshops and open days to introduce families and young people to cutting-edge approaches to making, changing perceptions of the meaning of ‘craft’ and revealing its real world potential. As part of the festival we can offer support for Open Days (£100), Workshops (£300), or Partnership Workshops (£400). All events must be free to attend.

Before you make an application please review our guidance notes on this year’s programme. If you have any questions about the application process or foresee any issues with the application timeline, please get in touch. I am happy to answer questions, discuss your ideas for this year’s events, or put you n touch with potential partners.

Please feel free to share this information with other potential Make:Shift:Do-ers! Applications close on Monday 21st August at noon.

Best wishes,

Zoe

Anzir Boodoo

Aug 17, 2017, 8:10:13 AM8/17/17
to 'Aidan Dunbar' via Leeds Hack Space
Hi,

Sorry for the lateness of this (deadline Monday at 1200), it got caught in my spam folder for some odd reason…

"Bursaries are available to help makerspaces, fab labs, science centres, galleries and other venues offer free workshops and open days to introduce families and young people to cutting-edge approaches to making, changing perceptions of the meaning of ‘craft’ and revealing its real world potential”

"Bursaries are available to support venues to hold Open Days (£100), Workshops (£300), or Partnership Workshops (£400). All events must be free to attend”

Link to apply in the bottom email

Begin forwarded message: