Re: Abridged summary of leeds-hack-space@googlegroups.com - 6 updates in 2 topics

DrBwts .

Mar 23, 2015, 9:37:35 AM3/23/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
I think you'll find the following link useful

http://kmoddl.library.cornell.edu/collection-toc.php

The simplest methods are to use a slider-crank combination or a 4 bar link or a Scotch yoke type set up.

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 9:45 AM, <leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Onlyhalfdone <onlyha...@gmail.com>: Mar 22 01:03AM -0700

usually over an inch they use an electric pipe threader (that might be just for speed I'm not sure) a plumber, sprinkler installer or industrial electrician would be your best bet. welding will burn ...more
Matthew Roberts <mjo...@gmail.com>: Mar 22 08:49AM

Thanks for the input, I'm coming to the conclusion that an inch will be
fine and was also thinking about a local tradesman for cutting and
threading it.

The earthing requirement was for safety as ...more
Onlyhalfdone <onlyha...@gmail.com>: Mar 22 02:38AM -0700

Sparks thread 25mm galv by hand all the time, it takes a bit of elbow grease (and cutting compound) but I've never seen it tapped onsite before, usually just use pre formed joints and bend it for ...more
Onlyhalfdone <onlyha...@gmail.com>: Mar 22 01:25AM -0700

Hi all,

I've been looking for some time a website / resources which compiles a list / diagrams / animations of different ways to convert linear to rotary motion and vice versa. The sort of thing I ...more
Aidan Dunbar <aidan....@googlemail.com>: Mar 22 08:48AM

Have you seen this website?

http://507movements.com/

Some of the movements are animated.

You'll probably like these videos too, but I'm not sure how useful they'll
be:
...more
Onlyhalfdone <onlyha...@gmail.com>: Mar 22 02:35AM -0700

Thanks! I have the book on my kindle, but it's surprisingly doesn't have the very basic simple principles, don't get me wrong it has some great examples but they are are mainly of finished mechanic ...more
You have received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.