Important: laser cutter material thickness

mar...@ranyard.info

May 9, 2015, 10:00:53 AM5/9/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Hello all (especially laser inductees),

We were experimenting today with PLY on the laser cutter and got some
high flames - we need this not to happen.

For now, don't attempt anything thicker than 3mm that is ignitable (this
means ply, mdf, real wood etc).

We can add extra air circulation potentially in future but we need to
work out quite what the options are yet.

Cheers,
--
Martyn

Stanto

May 11, 2015, 8:18:22 PM5/11/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com, mar...@ranyard.info
And partly as a reminder to myself, to acquire some 'mask' to put onto any materials for cutting.

Firstly I'll have to remember what I found last time...

Aidan Dunbar

May 12, 2015, 1:55:21 AM5/12/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Is that for doing metal? If so. before you get anything expensive like cermark have a look at molybdenum spray: