University research project old used 3d printer filiment

Alex Fells [pm11af]

Nov 16, 2015, 7:47:21 AM11/16/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I'm doing some research at the university and as part of my pre-lab work I need to test the suitability of different 3d printer filaments for use with water and oils.

I was wondering whether you have a bin where you put your failed prints and if it would be possible for me to come down and pick some up? I'm not looking for anything of a particular shape and scrap would be fine but if you have a range of different filaments that would be perfect. I'd be happy to put in a donation in exchange.

Kind regards,

Alex

Andy51055

Nov 16, 2015, 11:48:32 AM11/16/15
to Leeds Hack Space, pm1...@leeds.ac.uk
Hi Alex

The hackspace is open on Tuesday nights from 7pm, so you're more than welcome to come down tomorrow and pick up what you want. There are various failed prints around the space that you can probably have, I'm sure you'll find something.

J C

Nov 16, 2015, 12:07:35 PM11/16/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com, pm1...@leeds.ac.uk

Hi Alex. We don't have a lot of scrap at the moment as I do try and keep it tidy. There are some bits here you can have and some members may be able to bring in more. I'll send them a message when I get home to ask them. Tuesday nights are indeed the best times to come down and pick the scrap up.

Joe

mar...@ranyard.info

Nov 17, 2015, 1:54:24 PM11/17/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com, Alex Fells [pm11af]
Hi Alex,

I'll bring down some of my failed prints (a carrier bag full) tonight,
I've got PLA separated out from ABS.

There's really not that much variation between the bits of each - the
dye makes a bit of difference to printing (melt point and glass point
both affected by pigment) but once printed I doubt you'll find that much
variation between PLA parts or between ABS parts.

Cheers,
--
Martyn
> --
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://groups.google.com/d/optout

keo...@gmail.com

Nov 25, 2015, 12:52:25 PM11/25/15
to Leeds Hack Space, pm1...@leeds.ac.uk
Hi Alex,

Do you still have a need for these? I can bring in my failed prints from home if so (all PLA). I don't have a great number but I use rafts a lot so I have maybe a carrier bag full.

Matt