This weekends jobs at the new hackspace

J C

Jul 1, 2016, 2:32:27 PM7/1/16
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Im away this weekend but as people have been asking:

Plans are almost all lined up for next weekend (9th) for wall building- see the other thread.

For preparation we need the floors prepared. This may mean laying down some screed in the workshop area to level the floor. It may mean taking up a channel of the wood floor where the other workshop wall is going to go. Aiden is leading up this bit so if you want to make an offer to help check in with him on that.

Remember we are not to damage the screed surface in the workshop area, no one wants asbestos particles.

Taking the radiators off the wall- Talk to Callum Snowden about that one.

Prepping the walls for paint. Nav has brought in filler and may have started the process of filling in the holes in the wall, anyone can carry on with that. Then when its dry- sand it down smooth to the wall. And loose paint / paper on the walls there are scrapers and sandpaper to get a nice smooth stable surface for the paint.

Buy paint. Anyone around with a car this weekend want to get us some supplies? Going to need a lot of cheap brilliant white emulsion. Let me know here or on IRC if you can do this job. The plan is to use this place http://www.seagullsreuse.org.uk/Kirkstall%20shop

Paint the walls with above paint.

Priority is prepping to build walls next week. Nav, Aiden and maybe Samwise will be about over the weekend so check with them if there are any other jobs they think need doing to get ready for that.

Anytting Ive missed?

Joe

Onlyhalfdone

Jul 1, 2016, 5:56:37 PM7/1/16
to Leeds Hack Space
Get the paint from screw fix, it's half the price, consistent and readily available. You will need a lot! 4 large tubs at a guess to get you going.

Tom Oldbury (Email #1)

Jul 1, 2016, 6:40:27 PM7/1/16
to Leeds Hack Space
Can contribute to

Car - getting paint (need part numbers or someone who knows what they're doing with me)
Removing radiators
Filling holes

Will be at old space around 1pm, maybe can come earlier if it works better.

J C

Jul 2, 2016, 2:46:29 AM7/2/16
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
i Tom that would be greatly appreciated thanks can you pick us up 2 of these

and 4 of these (all the gerdard road screwfix has in stock, will get us started.)

Can bank transfer money back to you on Monday, please keep the receipts.

Thnaks

Joe

J C

Jul 2, 2016, 4:36:38 AM7/2/16
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com

SAFETY NOTE:

if you haven not already caught up on the thread titled "kick-starting the renovations" please do so especially in relation to the asbestos summary by onlyhalfdone

Tldr: don't damage the screed/ concrete floor where we are going to put the workshop as it has asbestos in it.

Please also note the mains electricity breaker is badly wired. Do not touch.

It may be worth someone putting up warning signs this weekend if someone wants to volunteer for that.

Thanks

Joe

Aidan Dunbar

Jul 2, 2016, 4:43:17 AM7/2/16
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
On it already

Tom Oldbury (Email #2)

Jul 2, 2016, 4:44:17 AM7/2/16
to Leeds Hack Space
I'll see if screwfix has any warning signs - if so I'll grab a few

phillip....@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2016, 5:06:43 AM7/2/16
to Leeds Hack Space
If it's any use i have a  tradepoint card at B&Q, not sure how much cheaper it is than screwfix, but of its any use you can have the details, or they may let you open your own?

Aidan Dunbar

Jul 2, 2016, 6:11:54 AM7/2/16
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Space is now appropriately signed for these hazards.

Anyone who comes to the new space please read the information on the whiteboard.

Tom Oldbury (Email #1)

Jul 2, 2016, 6:45:41 AM7/2/16
to Leeds Hack Space
OK I'm just popping down to Screwfix now and will be at newspace soon, paint and rollers in hand :)

J C

Jul 2, 2016, 6:55:23 AM7/2/16
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com

Thank you Tom

J C

Jul 4, 2016, 6:55:17 AM7/4/16
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Tom thank you for collecting the paint etc. We have the receipt, could you send confirmation for your bank details to the directors email account and we will get it sent to you asap.

Thanks

Joe