Survey of the roof via drone.

Onlyhalfdone

Apr 22, 2015, 7:25:07 AM4/22/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have a quad copter that is capable of flying over our building and taking some photos or video of the condition of the hackspace roof?

This would be by far the cheapest and safest way to do this.

Cheers

Jon Stockill

Apr 22, 2015, 10:32:22 AM4/22/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
That depends entirely on the drone and pilot.....

--
Jon Stockill
li...@stockill.net

Rob Whitfield

Apr 22, 2015, 11:45:31 AM4/22/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Carbon fibre fishing pole and a GoPro/other camera perhaps.

I've seen numerous people using a similar technique to get videos over crowds. No idea how wobbly the resulting video is though.

Matt C

Apr 22, 2015, 5:48:39 PM4/22/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
If you go on to the roof of the building opposite (squirrel storage) our roof is visible from there, but prob not nearly as fun as using a drone ;) Can talk to Chris and arrange to go up of you like

Daniel Fligg

Apr 22, 2015, 6:33:08 PM4/22/15
to Leeds Hackspace

Starting from Squirrel sounds like a good first step.
Sadly due to the guttering running across rather than down the side of the roof, I don't think a fishing pole would cut it.

Possibly worth getting Nav and his camera involved though :)

Geoff Baldwin

Apr 25, 2015, 8:57:10 AM4/25/15
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
I have a long set of ladders that should reach the roof and allow someone to peer along the gutters to see if the ingress of water is caused by clogged up gutters but for a meaningful survey you need to get a firm in to do you a free survey and quote for the repairs.