3D Printing Meetup - It's so nice, we're having it twice

Stanto

Jun 21, 2017, 5:29:36 PM6/21/17
to Leeds Hack Space
This's organised via doodle, mark down when you're available and I'll pick the best date, or even dates, out of it when most people can come along.

You can update your response later, even, to say you're not available anymore. We'll probably post this on meetup as well.

The adium of 3d printers are invented to make more printers seems to ring true, we've managed to breed a new resin printer! and it needs a bit of work, apparently.

The hackspace's mendelmax also needs some TLC and calibration with a firmware reflash.

We're considering crowdfunding a reliable off-shelf bought 3D printer, please see the other discussion thread about that.

So without further a-do, if you're interested to join in, show off your 3D prints, talk techniques, help fix the 3D printers that're at the hackspace (because that'd be nice! 3D printing for all) or you're wanting to learn about them, come along. No experience necessary.

During the week will likely be 7pm till late, and saturday/sunday will be 2pm until 5pm.

Register your interest (I'll put more dates down on here than I'm available to do, just to see what people think):

Ian Kernick

Jun 22, 2017, 5:49:01 AM6/22/17
to Leeds Hack Space
I've put some dates down on there, but feel free to plan without me if it makes things easier.

Stanto

Jun 24, 2017, 2:54:59 PM6/24/17
to Leeds Hack Space
Unfortunately there are some dates which I can't make it to, however, one of the dates is a majority:

Thursday the 27th of July 7pm to 10pm

And if someone else wants to carry it along (someone signed up as leeds hackspace committee?) then it can also run on:

Sunday the 23rd of July 2pm to 5pm

J C

Jul 8, 2017, 2:55:10 AM7/8/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stanto I suggest go with the majority?

As well as tinkering with the 3d printers themselves can we also look at better management of the 3d printer space? Maybe a desk secured to the wall and enclosures and spool holders etc for the printers? And how to control the 4 of them? Is a better or another computer needed?

Ian Oliver

Jul 8, 2017, 4:08:03 AM7/8/17
On 2017-07-08 07:55, J C wrote:
> Maybe a desk secured to the wall and enclosures and spool holders etc
> for the printers?

My enclosure is made from cheap Ikea "Lack" tables and I feed filament
straight out of Ikea Samla boxes with printed spool holders and filament
"nozzles". Pictures attached and all the parts are on Thingiverse.
Decide what we need and I'll print it.

I must admit that I print straight from SD, but the cool kids use a
Raspberry Pi and Octoprint.

2017-01-29 15.02.47.jpg
2017-05-11 08.02.22.jpg
2017-05-29 12.40.07.jpg

J C

Jul 8, 2017, 4:32:08 AM7/8/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Thats a pretty sweet setup  :)

Stephen Rowley

Jul 8, 2017, 11:59:40 AM7/8/17
to Leeds Hack Space
I do love a bit of IKEA hacking.

Ian Oliver

Jul 8, 2017, 2:41:02 PM7/8/17
to 'Stephen Rowley' via Leeds Hack Space

On 08/07/17 16:59, 'Stephen Rowley' via Leeds Hack Space wrote:
> I do love a bit of IKEA hacking.

My desk is even a classic "Jerker" with 3D printed monitor mounts.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2194818

onlyha...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2017, 3:31:26 PM7/8/17
to Leeds Hack Space
Joe, do you want rid of mine, not sure if you need the space or if mines currently working? I can fix it if so esthings playing up

J C

Jul 8, 2017, 3:50:50 PM7/8/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Andy if you are not using I would be glad for the space to borrow it longer please. I think its just a loose connection to the motor for it to be fully working again. A bed that goes up and down has its advantages :)

On Sat, Jul 8, 2017 at 8:31 PM, <onlyha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Joe, do you want rid of mine, not sure if you need the space or if mines currently working? I can fix it if so esthings playing up

onlyha...@gmail.com

Jul 9, 2017, 10:18:11 AM7/9/17
to Leeds Hack Space
That's fine Joe, didn't know if you wanted it out the way... will have a look Tuesday night to try and sort it.

J C

Jul 9, 2017, 1:42:17 PM7/9/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Great thanks Andy :)

On 9 Jul 2017 3:18 pm, <onlyha...@gmail.com> wrote:
That's fine Joe, didn't know if you wanted it out the way... will have a look Tuesday night to try and sort it.

Stanto

Jul 24, 2017, 7:12:49 AM7/24/17
to Leeds Hack Space
Reminder: Thursday the 27th of July 7pm to 10pm for the 3D printing meetup. Bring along your stuff and show it off, talk about printers, and maybe we can get the hackspace printer(s) up and running fully!

Phil Hutchinson

Jul 24, 2017, 7:15:42 AM7/24/17
to Leeds Hack Space
Sadly I cannot make this one either now. My brother is having a wedding rehearsal that I was only recently informed of

Phil

James Rogers

Jul 26, 2017, 8:40:59 AM7/26/17
to Leeds Hack Space
I'm looking forward to it.
Joe managed to get the big printer (the one on the shelving unit) to turn on and started printing last night. Looked like it failed when attempting to infill? And I don't remember seeing a nozzle for cooling the filament though? But glad to see it extruding :)

Troy West

Jul 27, 2017, 11:28:50 AM7/27/17
to Leeds Hack Space
Going to try and make it tonight, looking forward to the meet up!

Aidan Dunbar

Jul 27, 2017, 11:42:09 AM7/27/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
I won't be able to make it tonight, sorry.

> On 26 Jul 2017, at 13:40, James Rogers <jwjr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm looking forward to it.
> Joe managed to get the big printer (the one on the shelving unit) to turn on and started printing last night. Looked like it failed when attempting to infill? And I don't remember seeing a nozzle for cooling the filament though? But glad to see it extruding :)

Stanto

Jul 27, 2017, 5:43:52 PM7/27/17
to Leeds Hack Space
Thanks everyone for the great turnout, attitudes and work on the printers! Along with some very nice prints!

Should we do this again?

J C

Jul 27, 2017, 5:59:57 PM7/27/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Yes :)

On 27 Jul 2017 22:49, "Stanto" <sta...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks everyone for the great turnout, attitudes and work on the printers! Along with some very nice prints!

Should we do this again?

Phil Hutchinson

Jul 27, 2017, 8:14:38 PM7/27/17
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
yeyyy

Gadgetmind

Jul 28, 2017, 4:17:18 AM7/28/17
On 2017-07-27 22:43, Stanto wrote:
> Should we do this again?

Yea as I'm determined to make it to one!

Weekends are better for me but I can make evenings work usually.

Jon Stockill

Jul 28, 2017, 5:54:37 AM7/28/17
On 27.07.2017 22:43, Stanto wrote:
> Thanks everyone for the great turnout, attitudes and work on the
> printers! Along with some very nice prints!

Yay, great news. Glad it went well.

> Should we do this again?

Yes, but not on a Thursday.

--