Pink Pixels

Phil Spitler

Apr 6, 2015, 9:45:31 PM4/6/15
to led-...@googlegroups.com
Hey LED peeps. I am having an issue with an installation where a lot of my pixels are coming out pink.

I also have some mismatched strips as you can see from the photo. I could add a blue tint in my app to neutralize the pink bout would love to know whey they are pink.

The strips are APA102 and I am feeding 5v to both ends of the strip to avoid voltage drop.

In this photo I am displaying grey pixels !!!

Cheers.

Phil

Phil Spitler  |  Creative Technologist   |  Bonfire Labs  |  t : 415.394.8200  m : 415.571.3139

Website | Facebook | LinkedIn

Anton Kast

Apr 6, 2015, 9:49:49 PM4/6/15
to led-...@googlegroups.com

Still looks to me like voltage drop.

Try running an 18 gauge wire directly to the center. Any change? What's your power source?

Anton

Phil Spitler

Apr 6, 2015, 9:55:22 PM4/6/15
to led-...@googlegroups.com
The power source is a 40a 5v Meanwell PSU.

The 2 lighter panels have RGB LEDs and the darker are RBG (or the other way round).

Each panel has it's own PSU and it's own controller (PixelPusher)

On Apr 6, 2015 6:45 PM, "Phil Spitler" <ph...@bonfirelabs.com> wrote:
Hey LED peeps. I am having an issue with an installation where a lot of my pixels are coming out pink.

I also have some mismatched strips as you can see from the photo. I could add a blue tint in my app to neutralize the pink bout would love to know whey they are pink.

The strips are APA102 and I am feeding 5v to both ends of the strip to avoid voltage drop.

In this photo I am displaying grey pixels !!!

Cheers.

Phil

Phil Spitler  |  Creative Technologist   |  Bonfire Labs  |  t : 415.394.8200  m : 415.571.3139

Website | Facebook | LinkedIn

<2015-04-06 15.28.51.jpeg>

Phil Spitler

Apr 7, 2015, 4:07:10 PM4/7/15
to led-...@googlegroups.com
I'm going back in to test tomorrow.

Any other tests that people think are worth trying?

I plan on inject 5v to the center and both ends of a strip and disconnect existing power.

I might try to hook up an Arduino to using FastLED library to send grey to the strip.

Anything else to figure out the pink issue?

On Apr 6, 2015, at 6:49 PM, Anton Kast <anto...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Phil Spitler

Apr 8, 2015, 7:00:44 PM4/8/15
to led-...@googlegroups.com
We injected power into 3 places on the strip and that really helped.

Hopefully that will do the trick once we apply the same method to all our strips.