Schema.org Accepts our Accessibility Proposal!

Gerardo Capiel

Jan 17, 2014, 8:51:58 PM1/17/14
to learning-regis...@googlegroups.com
I am delighted to announce that at the end of last year Schema.org accepted our proposal for a key set of accessibility metadata tagging that could allow anyone with access to the Internet to more easily locate content and applications with accessible features.  Google’s TV Raman and Yandex’s Charles McCathieNevile announced on Schema.org: “This work draws upon many collaborations and projects including the IMS Global Learning Consortium’s Access For All specification, the work of the Accessibility Metadata Project, alongside many discussions that helped ensure the work integrated well into Schema.org.” See my recent blog post on the Benetech web site about the Accessibility Metadata Project for more details. This is a tremendous milestone in our collaborative journey towards enabling a born accessible future and reaping its benefits.

I'm also excited that EZ Publish has added support for the Schema.org accessibility properties to enable accessible learning resources to be more easily discovered.

Many thanks and congratulations to all have contributed to this important work.

Gerardo Capiel
VP of Engineering, Benetech

Jerome Grimmer

Jan 21, 2014, 10:02:13 AM1/21/14
to learning-regis...@googlegroups.com

Awesome!  We’ll get this incorporated into our Import process to pick up the additional fields which we find useful.

Jerome Grimmer

Southern Illinois University Carbondale

2450 Foundation Drive Suite 100

Springfield, IL

Phone: 217-786-3010 ext. 5857

Toll-free: 1-800-252-4822 ext. 5857

NOTE: My E-mail address has changed

jgri...@siuccwd.com

"If you think you're too small to make a difference, you've never spent a night with a mosquito." - An African Proverb

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Learning Registry: Collaborate" group.

Gerardo Capiel

Jan 22, 2014, 7:56:54 AM1/22/14
to learning-regis...@googlegroups.com
Jerome,

Awesome. We will be pushing some time next week corrected Bookshare and Khan Academy records using the final property names, which were accepted. Will you be adding to the UI filters for these accessibility properties? I'd love to demo them and evangelize them among our Illinois Bookshare member schools and colleges when you have them ready.

Thanks,

Gerardo