Hello Group

ashraf mohammad

Aug 18, 2014, 11:07:27 AM8/18/14
to learning-regis...@googlegroups.com
I'm a Drupal Developer. I want to contribute to learning registry. can anyone tell me how to do it.

Steve Midgley

Aug 19, 2014, 2:24:24 AM8/19/14
to learnin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ashraf,

Welcome! As a developer, you probably want to talk with other developers so I'm moving your email over to the developer list (with bcc sign off to collab).

As an open source project your contributions are driven by your interests and your work. We'd love to see contributions of all kinds - but we don't generally asked volunteers to work on stuff, besides things they are passionate about and/or paid to work on.

As a drupal developer maybe you'd like to integrate some of our technologies into Drupal.. There's a new learning registry search widget that could be packaged as a plugin for drupal possibly..

We are also working on EZ-publish - which makes it easier for end users to upload metadata into LR. With webdev skills you might want to contribute there.

It's also important to know how much time you want to spend on projects before we can offer you specific work items on projects others are working on.

Let us know what kinds of things you are interested in and hopefully we can find something meaningful for you to work on that you'll enjoy!

Steve

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 8:07 AM, ashraf mohammad <ashra...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm a Drupal Developer. I want to contribute to learning registry. can anyone tell me how to do it.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Learning Registry: Collaborate" group.

Thor Prichard

Aug 19, 2014, 9:48:19 AM8/19/14
to learning-regis...@googlegroups.com
Welcome, Ashraf.

I'd suggest a good place where your expertise could be used is on these Learning Registry (or metadata in general) related Drupal projects:

Joshua Marks

Aug 19, 2014, 9:01:02 PM8/19/14
to learning-regis...@googlegroups.com

What Steve said... but I might suggest one additional item. There is an older publishing module for Drupal that needs to be fixed -> https://www.drupal.org/project/learning_registry  This has not been updated to deal with the correct method for signing and as a result things that are published with the module cannot be updated or deleted once published to an LR node. The situation is similar to this -> https://github.com/LearningRegistry/LearningRegistry/issues/264 . It would be a huge help to fix this. There is a recent thread on this topic in this group here -> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/learningreg-dev/correctly$20signing/learningreg-dev/80xMtPrisG4/Zw4ftsTiO6kJ

So, if you are just looking for something to be helpful that is what I would suggest.

-Joshua