Pick Your Civilization Here!

[Leader] Joshua

Dec 18, 2012, 2:28:55 PM12/18/12
to league-of-strateg...@googlegroups.com
Pick your top 3 Civilizations from the list below and rank them in order of which you prefer the most. Respond to this post below with those picks. I say to pick your top 3 because there might be overlaps of picks. So to make everyone happy we will each have alternatives and let competing choices discuss it or flip a coin for who gets what. All the information that differentiates the Civilizations are below. The main thing you should just focus on is their special abilities because they are what truly separates the Civilizations. If you have any questions about them just ask and I will let you know what they mean.

Civilization

Icon

Leader

Capital

Unique Unit

Unique U/B/I

Special Ability

America

Washington

Washington

Minuteman

B-17

Manifest Destiny: All land military units have +1 sight. 50% discount when purchasing tiles.

Arabia

Harun al-Rashid

Mecca

Camel Archer

Bazaar

Trade Caravans: +1 Gold from each Trade Route and Oil Resources provide double quantity.

Aztec

Montezuma

Tenochtitlan

Jaguar

Floating Gardens

Sacrificial Captives: Gains Culture for the empire from each enemy unit killed.

China

Wu Zetian

Beijing

Chu-Ko-Nu

Paper Maker

Art of War: The Great General combat bonus is increased by 15%, and their spawn rate is increased by 50%.

Egypt

Ramesses II

Thebes

War Chariot

Burial Tomb

Monument Builders:  +20% Production towards Wonder construction.

England

Elizabeth I

London

Longbowman

Ship of the Line

Sun Never Sets: +2 Movement for all naval units. Receives 1 extra Spy.

France

Napoleon

Paris

Musketeer

Foreign Legion

Ancien Regime: +2 Culture per turn from Cities before discovering Steam Power.

Germany

Otto von Bismarck

Berlin

Landsknecht

Panzer

Furor Teutonicus: Upon defeating a Barbarian unit inside an encampment, there is a 50% chance you earn 25 Gold and they join your side. Pay 25% less for land unit maintenance.

Greece

Alexander

Athens

Hoplite

Companion Cavalry

Hellenic League:  City-State Influence degrades at half and recovers at twice the normal rate.

India

Gandhi

Delhi

War Elephant

Mughal Fort

Population Growth: Unhappiness from number of Cities doubled, Unhappiness from number of Citizens halved.

Iroquois

Hiawatha

Onondaga

Mohawk Warrior

Longhouse

The Great Warpath: Units move through Forest and Jungle in friendly territory as if it is Road. These tiles can be used to establish Trade Routes upon researching The Wheel.

Japan

Oda Nobunaga

Kyoto

Samurai

Zero

Bushido: Units fight as though they were at full strength even when damaged.

Ottomans

Suleiman

Istanbul

Sipahi

Janissary

Barbary Corsairs: All melee naval units have the Prize Ships promotion, allowing them to capture defeated ships. Pay only one-third the usual cost for naval unit maintenance.

Persia

Darius

Persepolis

Immortal

Satrap's Court

Achaemenid Legacy: Golden Ages last 50% longer. During a Golden Age, units recieve +1 Movement and a +10% Combat Strength bonus.

Rome

Augustus Caesar

Rome

Legion

Ballista

The Glory of Rome: +25% Production towards any buildings that already exist in the Capital.

Russia

Catherine

Moscow

Cossack

Krepost

Siberian Riches: Strategic Resources provide +1 Production and Horse, Iron and Uranium Resources provide double quantity.

Siam

Ramkhamhaeng

Sukhotai

Naresuan's Elephant

Wat

Father Governs Children: Food, Culture and Faith from friendly City-States increased by 50%.

Songhai

Askia

Gao

Mandekalu Cavalry

Mud Pyramid Mosque

River Warlord: Receive triple Gold from Barbarian encampments and pillaging Cities. Land units gain the War Canoe and Amphibious promotions, strengthening them while embarked.

[Leader] Joshua

Dec 19, 2012, 6:37:57 AM12/19/12
1) Rome
2) Japan
3) Persia

larry

Feb 9, 2013, 11:44:18 AM2/9/13
to league-of-strateg...@googlegroups.com
Ive been playin a little, gettin used to it. I like Japan Egypt and i honestly tend to pick the iroqois a lot but they arent really effective past the wheel. I actually just downloaded gods and kings because i like the game so much. I still like some things in empire earth though.

[Leader] Joshua

Feb 11, 2013, 2:45:48 PM2/11/13
to league-of-strateg...@googlegroups.com
Ah man you should have told me you got it! I would play some games with you for fun. Yeah Iroqois aren't that effective past the wheel unless if you pick them and you design your territory because Im letting everyone create their own territory you can fill it with trees. That way you basically have wheel through the entire game without even needing to spend the gold cost per turn because roads have management costs. Plus people in your territory will have negative movement factor through traveling through trees which will you give an advantage being able to outmaneuver them.