GPX display with Internet Explorer

shame...@gmail.com

Aug 25, 2013, 6:29:02 PM8/25/13
to leafl...@googlegroups.com
I have been using a GPX Plugin by Pavel Shramov, and it works well in all browsers, desktop and mobile, except Internet Explorer. There were some suggestions at notions.okuda.ca but they did not work. Is there any reason to this and any solution?

Robert (mapsmarker.com)

Aug 26, 2013, 12:53:15 AM8/26/13
to leafl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am currently integrating gpx functionality into v1.2 of my WordPress pro mapping plugin http://www.mapsmarker.com (to be released in about a week).
Although I didnt use the original GPX plugin by Pavel Shramov but the fork from Maxime Petazzoni
(http://mpetazzoni.github.com/leaflet-gpx/), I had the following issues with IE:

- IE8 does not support new window.DOMParser() -> you have to use new window.ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM") instead
- script broke as IE8 does not support javascript method .textcontent, so I had to use .text for example
- there is also an issue parsing the date for IE 8 why you would need to parse the date by yourself instead of using Date.parse(_[0].textContent); for example.

Hope this helps you solve your issues too.
best,

Robert

shame...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2013, 3:48:45 PM8/26/13
to leafl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Robert,
Though this doesn't solve my problems (yet) it does make me take another look at the fork from Maxime Petazzoni. And then maybe I'm a step further.
_Ray

Paul Webster

May 10, 2018, 11:38:47 AM5/10/18
to Leaflet
Robert

Is there any chance you could release a version of Maxime Petazzoni's js file that works with IE9? I've tried the changes you suggested elsewhere but get errors around _htmlspecialchars_decode

Peter Thomson

May 10, 2018, 12:51:35 PM5/10/18
to Leaflet
The discussion here is rather out of date. Do you want to explain what it is you are trying to do?

Paul Webster

May 10, 2018, 2:18:09 PM5/10/18
to Leaflet
It's old, but I have the exact same issue that was being discussed. I'm using Maxime Petazzoni's leaflet gpx parser
(http://mpetazzoni.github.com/leaflet-gpx/).

It works great on IE11, chrome, firefox etc, but isn't compatible with IE9. Robert seemed to have a solution for it but I can't find it anywhere (and the code on his site is minifed and altered to fit with other code).  I was hoping just to put in the fix for the IE9 compatability into the original Leaflet gpx script from Maxime.  My pages are at https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/maps/map1_8sk.shtml (for instance)

Robert Harm

May 10, 2018, 2:38:13 PM5/10/18
to leafl...@googlegroups.com

Hi Paul,

here is the link to the gpx js code we use in Maps Marker Pro v3.1: https://gist.github.com/robertharm/9e3162ae5985d7168ffd97f5bec79f10

FYI: with the upcoming v4.0 release of our plugin, we will use a new custom implementation which also supports elevation charts for example.

See a demo at https://dev.mapsmarker.com/pro/2018/05/10/gpx-test/

best,

Robert

--