Rendering of vector tiles using Leaflet

Surekha Sastry

Dec 20, 2016, 1:05:31 AM12/20/16
to Leaflet
Hi,

What is the best way to render vector tiles using Leaflet?  mapbox-gl is one option to work with vector tiles. But I would like to know if Leaflet has any support for this. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Surekha.

Matt Travis

Dec 21, 2016, 1:30:43 AM12/21/16
to Leaflet
Check this plugin out.

https://github.com/SpatialServer/Leaflet.MapboxVectorTile

There are other examples too. Try searching for geojson-vt leaflet for more info.

Cheers

Matt

gis....@gmail.com

Dec 21, 2016, 11:25:47 AM12/21/16
to Leaflet
Also Leaflet Vector Grid - https://github.com/Leaflet/Leaflet.VectorGrid.

Currently, pbf sources do not have any interaction capabilities, while they do in Mapbox GL JS. Still, you can just load in your mapbox tiles and it works well. However, the lack of interaction has led me to use the Mapbox GL JS for my vector tile maps.

Sudip Barman

Jan 24, 2018, 5:26:33 AM1/24/18
to Leaflet
This small conversation really help me a lot. Please let me know if there is any more update news on showing .pbf file in leaflet.
Thanks
Barman

Malcolm Meyer

Jan 25, 2018, 10:26:32 AM1/25/18