Google layer worked in 0.7 or so, fails in Leaflet 1.03 -- fix, replace?

hen3ry

Feb 10, 2017, 7:59:37 PM2/10/17
to Leaflet
I updated from, I dunno, 0.7x to get a new feature (good!) and now my Google layer (set to "satellite") doesn't work.

Seems there's a claimed fix, which uses techniques for beyond me, here.

Maybe some better fix is available, and I just didn't find it?

Or, should I shrug and use a different provider with a known-solid i/f?   Which one?    I'm looking for very basic functionality and minimal installation.

TIA

Malcolm Meyer

Feb 12, 2017, 7:58:34 AM2/12/17
to Leaflet
You need this - https://gitlab.com/IvanSanchez/Leaflet.GridLayer.GoogleMutant#README

I am using it and it works well.

Henry Neugass

Feb 15, 2017, 7:55:14 PM2/15/17
to leafl...@googlegroups.com
OK, not finding any better alternative, I tried GoogleMutant.  Installed easily and works fine.

Not understanding anything about why other approaches didn’t work or the implementation of GoogleMutant, I was reluctant…

I felt a little better about the status of this approach when I saw this  page

“Mutant” is “official”, it seems…

So… fixed!

Thanks!

--