Leaflet Map Gallery

Robert Kabwe

Nov 12, 2015, 2:15:11 PM11/12/15
to Leaflet

Hi - I created a Fantasy RPG using leaflet: http://nimianlegends.com/empires

I'm wondering if there is a place to post examples of our work with Leaflet? Like a leaflet gallery or showcase thread or website?

Leaflet is wonderful! Thank you:)

Anika Halota

Nov 13, 2015, 1:08:11 PM11/13/15
to Leaflet

I don't know of any, but that looks really cool! Why is the loading time so long when first visiting the page? Btw, there are several resources shown as not loading in my browser console when I visit it. I really like the bouncing markers and the art :) I did get a little bit dizzy though as it seems to pull me all over the map when I click on things.

Robert Kabwe

Nov 13, 2015, 2:52:35 PM11/13/15
to Leaflet
Thanks Anika!

Why is the loading time so long when first visiting the page?
There's about 5mb of items to download before i show the screen, thus the long download time. But i am working to load only the essential items and defer the remaining loading to afterwards, so that should speed things up.

there are several resources shown as not loading in my browser console when I visit it
I'm glad you mentioned this because it is extra encouragement to fix this and make the loading process smoother, which i think is a point that could turn off users. Some of those are from version 1 of the map, just recently a helpful coder on HTML5Dev showed me how to check http requests and now im learning to combine my js and css files, make sprites for some images, and remove the broken and unneeded files from the initial download.  Leaflet seems to handle loading really well so i just need to focus on my custom assets

I did get a little bit dizzy though as it seems to pull me all over the map when I click on things
One of my friends mentioned something similar a few months ago, and now that youve mentioned it too i can see that i need to do something here. Right now the map moves along with the hero as they travel. But i think i will look at something more like Diablo does - wait until the hero is almost offscreen before cenetring the map again. Ill add it as an option and again im really glad for your feedback, because this is exactly what will help me make the user experience better:)