Examples of very rich web apps with Leaflet

Andrew Blakey

May 7, 2015, 9:16:14 PM5/7/15
to leafl...@googlegroups.com
I haven't been able to find any compelling examples of just how far you can go with Leaflet before it can't perform well.  Does anyone have any good examples of complex, rich applications?  Something that goes beyond a web map and into more advanced GIS territory?  Particularly dynamic maps with a large number of real-time elements.

gis....@gmail.com

May 8, 2015, 8:28:03 AM5/8/15
to leafl...@googlegroups.com
That would depend greatly on whether or not you are doing client side rendering, and the client device being used. Here is just one example of a site that uses leaflet heavily, but they mix it with geoserver, arcserver and client-side rendered geojson. In my own work I am using only client side rendered geojson and have found the major limiting factor to be the loading of the icons for points more than anything else. I am only loading maybe 3000 static features, however. Also, for loading geojson or other client side rendered data, limiting the amount of fields helps with speed. Of course if your clients are all using desktops linked with high speed internet, you have much more processing power and bandwidth to play with.

Alpert

May 11, 2015, 4:38:47 AM5/11/15
to leafl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There is also a complicated GIS project we have prepared : http://geodata.ormansu.gov.tr/

There is a flag on the top right side of the web site to get the english version.

ArcGIS Server and GeoServer services are behind the web app.