lasclassify crashes

wilt...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2017, 1:11:22 PM6/21/17
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hi,

I want to classify photogrammetricly derived point cloud into ground, veg and building classes.

I first run lasground and then lasheight tools in order to run the lasclassify.

lasground and lasheight run ok.

However the lasclassify keeps crashing just with a "LAStools has stopped working" message.

Please can you help?

I can provide a sample the data.

Many thanks

Magda

Vítězslav Moudrý

Jun 21, 2017, 1:17:06 PM6/21/17
to LAStools - efficient command line tools for LIDAR processing
Hi Magda,
There was a bug in lasclassify recently.
Download the newest version.
Vitek

>>> <wilt...@gmail.com> 21.6.2017 18:11 >>>

--------------
Obsah tohoto e-mailu a všechny připojené soubory jsou důvěrné a mohou být chráněny zákonem. Tento e-mail je určen výhradně jeho adresátovi a jiné osoby do něj nejsou oprávněny nahlížet či s ním jakkoliv nakládat, jinak se dopustí protiprávního jednání. V případě, že nejste adresátem tohoto e-mailu, prosíme o jeho vymazání a o podání e-mailové zprávy.

The content of this e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. In this case be so kind and delete this e-mail and inform us about it.

Martin Isenburg

Jun 21, 2017, 1:17:18 PM6/21/17
to LAStools - efficient command line tools for LIDAR processing
Hello,

Most likely you downloaded the version of LAStools in those 8 days that we had a bug in our software.

Get the latest version at

and check got the latest changes at

Martin @rapidlasso

wilt...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2017, 6:59:49 PM6/21/17
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing

Hi Martin, hi Vitek,

Many thanks for your help - downloaded a new version and all worked fine

Magda

Martin Isenburg

Jun 22, 2017, 2:14:43 AM6/22/17
to LAStools - efficient command line tools for LIDAR processing
Hello,

Please note that you are *only* affected by this if you had downloaded a new LAStools version between May 28 2017 and June 7 2017 and only if your LAStools version number is 170528. You can see your version number if you run this command

lasclassify -version

Regards,

Martin