Geiger-mode Lidar and lastools

Mike

May 26, 2016, 5:25:04 AM5/26/16
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any experience (and possible a sample file) with Geiger-mode Lidar? From what I understand it's super high-density and not linearly collected. I wonder how lastools will perform on such a dataset. I guess there's still a lot of development to be done with these sensors from what I hear, but I'd be curious to play around with some data if there are some samples out there.

Cheers,

Mike

Rick Pryce

May 26, 2016, 8:24:22 AM5/26/16
to last...@googlegroups.com

I’ve worked with Mark Romano (mrom...@harris.com) at Harris Corp about acquiring and testing some of their Geiger mode to review against some linear LiDAR projects we’ve already completed.

The product is quite unique and extremely dense and uniform and I can see it becoming very useful on large geographic areas in the future.

He just presented at the International Lidar Mapping Forum Colorado in February. Great resource and background in Geiger

Richard D Pryce, PSM

Vice President, Survey & GIS

Craven Thompson & Associates, Inc.

3563 NW 53rd Street | Ft.Lauderdale FL 33309

T: 954.739.6400 | C: 954.651.5942

rpr...@craventhompson.com

Martin Isenburg

Jan 25, 2017, 12:32:04 PM1/25/17
to LAStools - efficient command line tools for LIDAR processing
Hello,

apparently you can now download Geiger mode LiDAR data samples from Harris Geospatial. You have to sign some license agreement and I am not sure whether that prohibits you from discussing your findings or not ... but we would be happy to hear about your findings;

Regards,

Martin