converting xyz to las

jrt70

Mar 10, 2018, 9:24:58 PM3/10/18
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hello, I've downloaded a large amount of xyz files based on German terrain (thanks to the rapidlasso article 'First Open LiDAR in Germany') and I'd like to convert them to las with the correct projection (ground points only.)  Any help would be wonderful.

Martin Isenburg

Mar 12, 2018, 12:09:36 PM3/12/18
to LAStools - efficient command line tools for LIDAR processing
Hello,

how to do the conversion of the Open NRW LiDAR data that is provided as a set of ASCII text files is detailed in these two articles:

and

Best Regards from Costa Rica,

Martin @rapidlasso