LAScolor to NIR?

Evon Silvia

Jul 27, 2015, 3:00:48 PM7/27/15
to last...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin,

No rush on this, but does lascolor support an option to populate the NIR field instead of (or in addition to) RGB? I didn't seen it in the readme.

We have three possible NIR inputs:
  • 3-band TIFF with all three RGB bands identical
  • 1-band TIFF with just NIR
  • 4-band TIFF with NIR and RGB
We have workarounds in place using software to shuffle bands between point attributes, but it'd be nice to populate it directly someday.

Evon

Henrik Persson

May 18, 2016, 5:28:40 PM5/18/16
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hi Evon,
I would also appreciate this function. Since version1.4 of the las format, it is technically possible. So let's hope for Martin's good will of implementing this function :)

cheers,
Henrik

Mark Prenter

Jul 15, 2016, 1:20:57 PM7/15/16
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
I'll also jump on this.  I'm sure RGB-IR encoded LAS files will have a use in the near future.

Mark