GatorEye drone lidar + hyperspectral data

Eben Broadbent

May 19, 2018, 2:43:01 PM5/19/18
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
If you would like to see / play with some drone LiDAR and hyperspectral data feel free to download from our site at www.gatoreye.org. If you develop any good workflows or have a potential methods scientific collaboration let us know and we would be open to discussion. Cheers!

Gopalakrishnan Rajashekar

May 21, 2018, 4:24:39 PM5/21/18
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hi,

I would be very interested in taking a look at the data and I did try to download it. With no success. Maybe I will try again a few days later.

Thanks
gr

Eben Broadbent

May 29, 2018, 9:01:31 PM5/29/18
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Working now :) I’m uploading individual projects and seems to fix the problem.

Martin Isenburg

May 30, 2018, 12:49:26 PM5/30/18
to LAStools - efficient command line tools for LIDAR processing
Hello Eben,

is it too much to ask to also provide a LAZ copy for download of this data? Maybe we'll make this the policy now that when someone advertises data in the LAStools user forum it should also be offered as LAZ so that Martin is able to download the data no matter which exotic tropical island he is at right then ... (-;

The data set I am looking at is 8 files of 1 GB or more in LAS. No way I can download that via the airport Wifi in San Jose de Costa Rica ... (-:

Regards,

Martin @rapidlasso

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 2:58 AM, Eben Broadbent <ebe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Working now :) I’m uploading individual projects and seems to fix the problem.
GatorEye_uncompressed_LAS.png
GatorEye_uncompressed_LAS_size1.png
GatorEye_uncompressed_LAS_size2.png

Broadbent,Eben North

Jun 14, 2018, 1:24:26 AM6/14/18
to last...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin,

Sure,I’ll run a las to laz conversion on the various files and have both options available. Thank you!

Best wishes,

Eben

~~

Eben N. Broadbent, Ph.D., Assistant Professor

Spatial Ecology and Conservation Lab | speclab.org

GatorEye Unpiloted Flying Laboratory | gatoreye.org

School of Forest Resources and Conservation

Forest Ecology and Geomatics | University of Florida

Shipping: 1745 McCarthy Dr., Newins-Ziegler Hall

Office: 303 Reed Lab | Gainesville, FL 32611-0410

eb...@ufl.edu | Cell: 650-204-1051

inogo.stanford.edu | inogo.info