Lasclip error constraining polygons with points

Emily Francis

Jun 23, 2016, 5:00:21 PM6/23/16
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hello,

I am trying use lasclip to clip las data to a large number of polygons (~2500). I am getting the error: error constraining 0 to 1 of polygon 2709 with 10 points. Does this mean that there is an overlapping polygon?

Also, I only have 2566 polygons, so I am not sure how to find 'polygon 2709.'

anyone have a solution? or a way to clean up my shapefile to make it work with this tool?

Thanks,
Emily

Nicolas Cadieux

Jun 24, 2016, 2:19:22 AM6/24/16
to last...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

You could use the various topology tools in QGIS.  You will find more tools in the processing plugin.  Polygon 2709 can exist if you deleted other polygons in the file.  Doing a "save as" could reset that number.  Also, make sure you don't have multi-polygons.  That has a tendency of throwing off many programs.  I don't know what that error code is. Could it be a multi-polygon with part 0 and 1?!!

You can split multi-polygon in Qgis to.

Nicolas