Holes in DEMs

João Fonte

Sep 26, 2016, 7:28:01 AM9/26/16
to last...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin,

I'm getting these holes in some DEMs after using blast2dem, I suppose it is because of low point spacing in these areas, but is there any way to correct them?

Thanks!

Cheers,

Joao

Martin Isenburg

Sep 26, 2016, 8:38:09 AM9/26/16
to LAStools - efficient command line tools for LIDAR processing

Hello Joao,

Indeed. Overly large triangles are not rasterized into the DEM. The default kills all triangles with an edge length of 100 or larger. You can change this by adding the option '-kill 500' to the command line. Then only triangles with an edge length of 500 or larger will be killed.

http://rapidlasso.com/las2dem
http://lastools.org/download/las2dem_README.txt

http://rapidlasso.com/blast2dem
http://lastools.org/download/blast2dem_README.txt