Creating a Better DTM from Photogrammetic Points by Avoiding Shadows

Martin Isenburg

Nov 22, 2016, 10:34:51 AM11/22/16
to LAStools - efficient command line tools for LIDAR processing
Hello,

At INTERGEO 2016 in Hamburg, the guys from Aerowest GmbH shared with us a small photogrammetric point cloud from the city of Soest, Germany that had been generated with the SURE dense-matching software from nFrames. We want to test whether - using LAStools - we can generate a decent DTM from these points that are essentially a gridded DSM and not "real LiDAR". The result was written up in form of an instructive blog post:

Regards,

Martin @rapidlasso
soest_12_dtm_dsm.jpg

Lewis Graham

Nov 23, 2016, 7:02:02 AM11/23/16
to last...@googlegroups.com

Very nice, Martin.

Lewis Graham

GeoCue Group

9668 Madison Blvd., Suite 202

Madison, AL USA 35758

01-256-461-8289

www.geocue.com

www.airgon.com

www.LP360.com

LIDAR and Image Production Workflow Tools

Terrasolid sales and support

LP360 point cloud tools for ArcGIS

Small unmanned aerial systems hardware, processing software and services

FAA Part 107 Certified Remote Pilots