problem with lasgrid

Anu Swatantran

Apr 22, 2015, 3:36:36 PM4/22/15
to last...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am trying to run lasgrid to merge several *.asc files but get an error message :

ERROR: was not able to find header
ERROR: could not open lasreaderasc for file W:/49000_15.asc
ERROR: could not open lasreaderascmerged with 12098 file names
ERROR: could not open lasreader.

I checked the directory names and file paths and they seem to be fine.

Any idea what this error message means?

Thanks!
Anu

Anu Swatantran
Assistant Research Professor
Dept. of Geographical Sciences
University of Maryland, College Park MD 20742

Martin Isenburg

Jun 5, 2015, 2:25:41 PM6/5/15
to LAStools - efficient command line tools for LIDAR processing
Hello Anu,

this one slipped past my LiDAR. Have you solves the issue? You write "to merge several *.asc files" but it seems as if these "several" are a whopping 12098 files. Does maybe the large number of files have something to do with it? Which version of lasgrid where you using and can you provide the full command line including console output when also using the '-v' verbose option.

Regards,

Martin @rapidlasso