VPL-16 LIDAR / PCAP files

Christian Carreon-Limones

Jun 23, 2016, 3:16:02 AM6/23/16
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
HI,
I am conducting research using VPL-16 LIDAR and all sample are saved as PCAP files. I am looking forward to converting this files to geo-reference to provided better detail imagery and therefore my research can be more concise. Unfortunately PCAP seems to be proprietary.
Has anyone dealt with problem and can guide me to a solution, I am fairly new with LIDAR.
Thank you.

Ian Curington

Jun 23, 2016, 3:37:27 AM6/23/16
to Christian Carreon-Limones, last...@googlegroups.com
Dear Christian,

The Velodyne PCAP format is supported by libpcap, and there is a viewer application at:
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/VeloView

The source code for VeloView is made available under the Apache 2.0 license.