LAS to PTX data

Milos Lukac

Apr 9, 2015, 11:59:37 AM4/9/15
to last...@googlegroups.com
Hi all im searching for a working tool that can convert LAS data to PTX forma, know how to convert to PTS, but needa PTX file.  For the who interested  need to covert to PTX and combine LIDAR data with photogrammetry, we can do it with PTX files and images, see thsi as a example https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15047343/laser_foto.mp4
And want test http://www.ifp.uni-stuttgart.de/ISPRS-EuroSDR/ImageMatching/index.en.html with their data have permision to test it with our solution

Martin Isenburg

Apr 9, 2015, 1:59:07 PM4/9/15
to LAStools - efficient command line tools for LIDAR processing
Hello,

note that PTX points are on a *grid* and it is not possible to convert general unstructured points clouds from LAS/LAZ/PTS/XYZ/E57 to PTX unless you resample the points onto a regular grid. You can go from PTX to LAS or LAZ easily and also from the resulting LAS or LAZ files (that used to be PTX files) back again to PTX (see http://pointzip.org) but general point clouds have no obvious conversion to PTX.

Regards,

Martin @rapidlasso

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 5:58 PM, Milos Lukac <muze...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all im searching for a working tool that can convert LAS data to PTX forma, know how to convert to PTS, but needa PTX file.  For the who interested  need to covert to PTX and combine LIDAR data with photogrammetry, we can do it with PTX files and images, see thsi as a example https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15047343/laser_foto.mp4
And want test http://www.ifp.uni-stuttgart.de/ISPRS-EuroSDR/ImageMatching/index.en.html with their data have permision to test it with our solution

dfor...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2016, 3:02:24 PM9/26/16
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing, muze...@gmail.com
Hi Milos,

Please share your experience of converting las (1.2) to .pts.

Thanks