How to convert .pcap to .las?

sandhya mary

Jun 16, 2017, 5:13:44 AM6/16/17
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hi all,

I was capturing ground using mobile lidar Velodyne 360 HDL 64E. Now I want to convert the captured pcap file to las. Is there any way to convert this directly? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

david...@landandwater.com.au

Jun 16, 2017, 10:42:19 AM6/16/17
to last...@googlegroups.com

I am interested in the same transformation

--
sent from my Samsung tablet
David Hine

Friday, 16 June 2017, 05:10pm +08:00 from sandhya mary <sandh...@gmail.com>:

Hi all,
I was capturing ground using mobile lidar Velodyne 360 HDL 64E. Now I want to convert the captured pcap file to las. Is there any way to convert this directly? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

David Brandt

Jun 16, 2017, 2:07:21 PM6/16/17
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
one method (albeit extremely annoying) is to load the data into Veloview from Paraview / Kitware.  Output point files (per scan) and GPS / IMU files (if applicable) and then convert each in a LasTools module like txt2las or las2las.  I realize there are probably better, more integrated ways to do this sort of thing, but for the "one time use" parties, this would suffice.  Now these won't be automatically registered to a global reference frame, but at least you can have a starting place for that process once you have a "file-per-scan" data structure.

Dave

krantikumar yadav

Jun 26, 2018, 1:47:09 AM6/26/18
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hi Sandhya,

I am looking for similar solution. Can you please guide me if you have succeeded in your this task.

Warm Regards,
Kranti

krantikumar yadav

Jul 25, 2018, 5:45:35 AM7/25/18
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hi David,

Did you had any break through in this? If Yes, can you please share.

Warm Regards,
Kranti

J. Thaddeus Eldredge

Jul 25, 2018, 8:22:34 PM7/25/18
to last...@googlegroups.com
How do you plan to do it?  Do you have gps+imu for trajectory to cloud or are you looking for a SLAM solution?

J. Thaddeus Eldredge, PLS, CFM

East-SouthEast, LLC
1038 Main Street
Chatham, MA 02633

PRIVACY NOTICE - This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.  You are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

krantikumar yadav

Jul 26, 2018, 1:09:37 AM7/26/18
to last...@googlegroups.com
I have gps+imu for trajectory. Do you have any solution around this to convert .pcap to .las?

Regards,
Kranti