LasTools ArcGIS_Toolbox txt2Las error

Anton Larsson

Apr 24, 2017, 12:21:34 PM4/24/17
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hi!

 got LiDAR-data from a guy that said it was ascii. file-format says .cenz. I never heard of .cenz-format so i made it a txt-file insted (See picture)

The data is Classification,x,y,z in this file.

I did try different phrase string such as xyz, cxyz, sxyz and csxsysz but i only get error (see picture).

I did also try using FME with Point cloud xyz -> LAS and Space Delimited xyz -> LAS but it couldn't convert because of the file has 4 columns instead of 3.

Same problem if i make a XY feature in ArcGIS then export as .shp. in shp2Las an FME .shp -> LAS. Even if i delete the first classification column.

I use ArcGIS 10.2.2 for desktop (Advanced)

Any ideas how to make this a point cloud?

I'm working on my theses i GIS-Engineering. And are dependent on this part.

Regards,

Anton Larsson from Sweden.

Martin Isenburg

Apr 24, 2017, 2:26:38 PM4/24/17
to LAStools - efficient command line tools for LIDAR processing
Hello,

The .cenz ending refers to the contents of each line: Classification, Easting, Northing, Z

Have you tried running txt2las directly via the built-in GUI (scroll to the txt2las.exe program in the ./LAStools/bin directory and double click to start the GUI) or in the Windows command line?

txt2las -i in.txt -parse cxyz -o out.laz

Martin