TLS Data Regarding

Pm Preethi

Mar 15, 2018, 10:12:22 AM3/15/18
to last...@googlegroups.com
Greetings to all,
     I am using Lastools for creating DEM and DSM  from terrestrial LIDAR data. The scans are taken in an undulated area and while using lassplit tool for splitting the ground and non-ground points, some of the ground points are classified as non-ground points and are getting added to the non-ground points. My question is :Which is the best option in LasTools  suitable for separating the ground and non-ground points from terrestrial lidar data in my case.

      And is there any option in Lastools like nonairborne.exe for processing TLS data.

Thanks and Regards,
Preethi.P.M

Martin Isenburg

Mar 15, 2018, 10:59:10 AM3/15/18
to LAStools - efficient command line tools for LIDAR processing
Hello Preethi,

I assume you that - in order to ground classify - you are using the lassplit tool to split the TLS LiDAR points into vertical bins. This will lead to poor results unless the ground lines up perfectly with a slice along the z axis (e.g. perfectly flat and zero slope). The correct tool to use would be lasground.

Play around with some of the options and - should your data be very dense - operate on only a lasthinned subset of the points.

Some of the recent tutorials on the LAStools blog to read through and adapt your workflow from are these one here:

Regards from Costa Rica,

Martin