Lasinfo output format

Wes Toews

Apr 11, 2017, 8:45:40 PM4/11/17
to last...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin, is it possible to add an option to lasinfo to output information as a CSV, XML or JSON? It's of course possible to do this using Laslib but the advantage of lasinfo would be piped processing of files in a QA chain so we can get a bunch of outputs in one pass. Of particular interest would be the class code histogram.

If there's already a way to do this, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks!

Dwight Crouse

Jun 24, 2017, 7:10:23 AM6/24/17
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hi Martin,

I'd be interested in seeing this too.

Dwight

Steven F

Nov 25, 2018, 4:52:47 AM11/25/18
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Count me among the folks who would like to see this feature. A structured format like JSON or XML would probably be best, as Howard Butler mentioned in another post related to lasvalidate.

Thanks,
Steve