View big las file (1.19Gb) and transform to KML

Paulo Pires

Oct 17, 2017, 7:35:13 AM10/17/17
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hello,

I have a big las file (1.19Gb) that I want view with your LAStools but I cant see anything...

I execute this command: laspublish -i data/wgs84.las -only_3D -odir data1 -o data1/wgs84.html -olaz

And then copy to my IIS folder: C:\inetpub\wwwroot then I see the app browser but without las information...

Another question, is it possible to convert this big las file to kml or kmz and view in google earth pro, with your tool?

Thanks

Mark Levitski

Oct 17, 2017, 10:41:11 AM10/17/17
to last...@googlegroups.com
Paulo, try this (from same problem I had awhile ago):

"Martin,
Thanks for all your input, but my problem was web server related. Also, I found the resolution on the group (thank you for that!).
Attached is a screen grab in case someone else has similar problems. It was Windows 10 IIS, needed to add a wildcard extension to recognize.
The web publish is fantastic!"

IIS problem.png

Paulo Pires

Oct 17, 2017, 5:34:26 PM10/17/17
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing