interesting comments in ancient "lasformat" yahoo group

Martin Isenburg

Aug 2, 2011, 2:08:02 PM8/2/11
to The LAS room - a friendly place to discuss specifications of the LAS format
hello,

i recently came across an older yahoo group the LAS format between
2004 and 2006. you can read up on all 77 comments here [1]. that forum
was then closed and discussions moved over to a bulletin board hosted
by the USGS [2]. below are some interesting ones. raised as early as
2004 some of the issues are still relevant. sorry for length &
formatting but i'm sure some of you will re-appreciate these - by LAS
time - "ancient" comments ... (-:

regards,

martin @lastools

[2] https://lidarbb.cr.usgs.gov/index.php?showforum=29

Wed May 5, 2004 8:30 am
FW: ASPRS Lidar Committee - Lack Of A Published, ASPRS-Accepted, In

I'm posting this so others can join the discussion. I've trimmed off
all
email addresses.

Doug