Request: Add Career Based Data Source(s)

Nogwater

Apr 8, 2011, 10:52:30 AM4/8/11
to LangPop
I see that LangPop includes Craigslist, but what about sites that are
focused on job searching like CareerBuilder, Monster, Dice, etc...?
When choosing a next programming language to learn it's fun to see
what people are using for hobby/side projects, but I'm also be
interested in what language has the best chance of landing me a job
with good pay.

-Nogwater

David Welton

Apr 11, 2011, 4:39:25 PM4/11/11
to lan...@googlegroups.com, Nogwater

I looked at those a while ago, and was happiest with Craigslist,
because they seem to have the most 'real' jobs at the time, rather
than the sort of thing you'd see along the lines of:

"20+ years Java experienced needed. .Net Ruby Perl Python Tcl Erlang
Haskell SGML HTML SQL also a plus. Ideal candidate also has knowledge
of many other industry buzzwords"

--
David N. Welton

http://www.welton.it/davidw/