What should we cover next? New subreddit to discuss potential topics...

Ben Mabey

May 1, 2014, 11:48:49 PM5/1/14
to lambda-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I created a subreddit for the group so we can post ideas and vote on
what we have interest in seeing at future meetings:

http://www.reddit.com/r/LambdaLoungeUT/

Please contribute by voting, adding your own ideas, and commenting on
existing ideas. I am looking for presenters so please comment on the
ones you are interested in presenting on. You don't need to be an
expert on the topic... just willing to learn about the topic and present. :)

While we have been focused on languages so far this year the goal of the
group is to be much broader. So any CS or emerging tech idea you would
like to see covered please post it on the subbreddit. I had a twitter
conversation with Jamison Dance and Brett Little (LLU members) about
using the time to go over classic CS papers as well similar to how the
new Papers We Love[1] groups do. So if you have a favorite CS paper
you'd like to share with the group please add that as well!

Thanks!

-Ben

1. http://www.meetup.com/papers-we-love

harol...@gmail.com

May 2, 2014, 12:22:56 AM5/2/14
to Ben Mabey, lambda-l...@googlegroups.com
Wow!  The list and references you have built so far is very impressive!  Nice work.

I'll add one regarding facilitating an ongoing series to learn Haskell via the NICTA course:  https://github.com/NICTA/course

thanks,