Question about eachNonZero function in version 0.4.9

Howard Lander

May 6, 2015, 5:02:09 PM5/6/15
to la...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

I have been using the eachNonZero function of the org.la4j.matrix.sparse.CRSMatrix object in version 0.4.9. I have noticed however, that it appears that my callback function is being called multiple times for some of the non-zero cells of the matrix.  If it's relevant (and it may not be), these errors seem to begin after the first completely sparse row. I had a quick look at the site and noticed that I am using an older version of the library.  So I upgraded my pom.xml to use version 0.5.5.  No problem except that I am using the writeExternal and readExternal methods of CRSMatrix.  These methods have apparently been removed. I have several questions for the group:

A) has anyone seen a bug like I describe in the CRSMatrix object? If so, has it been fixed in 0.5.5?

B) what methods have replaced readExternal and writeExternal? Do I just use the fromBinary and toBInary and convert the ObjectInputStream/ObjectOutputStream objects?  Not quite sure how to do this, but I imagine I can figure it out!

Thanks
Howard

Vladimir Kostyukov

Jan 19, 2016, 9:39:49 PM1/19/16
to Howard Lander, la4j
Hello Howard,

Sorry for the late response.

Not sure about the eachNonZero bug, but in 0.6.0 you just use fromBinary and toBinary methods instead of Java serialization.
--
Thanks,
Vladimir Kostyukov