Slic3r is Nicer

#

Apr 18, 2013, 2:54:12 PM4/18/13
to kyin3dp...@googlegroups.com

thought this was good info's

Slic3r is Nicer - Part 1 - Settings and Extruder Calibration

http://richrap.blogspot.com/2012/01/slic3r-is-nicer-part-1-settings-and.html

Slic3r is Nicer - Part 2 - filament and printing

http://richrap.blogspot.com/2012/01/slic3r-is-nicer-part-2-filament-and.html

Brad Luyster

Apr 18, 2013, 3:02:45 PM4/18/13
to kyin3dprinters
Also over a year old.  We're up to version 0.9.9 :-)

I've been using KISSlicer to great effect.  The objects it generates are much higher-quality than slic3r, although slic3r could probably be tweaked to generate equally high-quality gcode.

#

Apr 18, 2013, 3:14:58 PM4/18/13
to kyin3dp...@googlegroups.com
your right , but it explains alot of the settings an is informative ,,

  any newer better links info ?    id like to read em

#

Apr 18, 2013, 3:33:13 PM4/18/13
to kyin3dp...@googlegroups.com
sorry hope i didnt sound rude ,  meant yeah ive tried dozen slicers an havnt found one id say ive mastered to the best of my printers ability and for me alot of the older infos ive read have helped me have Zero issues printing and playin with each slicer ,, ive used proterface an repeatier host an replicatorg an others on this printer to tryin to figure how it all worked an which one i liked best ,,  still looking  so any infos to me is good infos ,,

#

Apr 18, 2013, 3:35:12 PM4/18/13
to kyin3dp...@googlegroups.com
skienforge an Cura ,kiss,slic3r also incudeing programs like proterface an repeatier host an replicatorg ,etc,  i meant

Brad Luyster

Apr 20, 2013, 12:35:20 PM4/20/13
to kyin3dprinters
Oh, I didn't mean to sound like a jerk.  I'm not aware of any better tutorials out there, but the slic3r tool-tips are pretty good.  The blog post is out-of-date enough that the settings he mentions are only the tip of the iceberg.  I have come to like KISSlicer better.

#

Apr 20, 2013, 2:50:56 PM4/20/13
to kyin3dp...@googlegroups.com

    its cool,     Tip of the iceberg for sure !           found that blog looking up ceramic paste extruders and ended up reading all the rest , lol

 one reason i dont use just one slicer like with kissslicer you have to upgrade to pro version which cost $ to do somthen like pack stl's onto the build area so what i do is use replicatorg free version to pack then Export the composite STL of the packed objects ,, then re import that file back into say kiss slicer free version to slice the packed objects,        its a whole run around of slicers then some i cant get to slice in one so i have to slice in another ...

think i read your into mbed have you looked at lasersaur an smoothieware yet ?