All metal hot-end group fab

Christopher Cprek

May 21, 2013, 3:30:47 PM5/21/13
to kyin3dprinters
Hello all,

I've got the University of Louisville's Rapid Prototyping Center lined up to use their CNC lathe to make some all-metal hot-ends. I'm trying to track down some CAD files for the Prusa nozzle, but I'm interested in whatever CAD files are available.

Would anyone be interested in a group buy for fabrication? I won't have an exact cost until I nail down a CAD design and know how many units. Obviously more = cheaper. But it shouldn't be too bad if I'm supplying the 303 stainless steel and it's only a lathe job (no additional milling).

Any interest? CAD files?

Chris

Brad Luyster

May 21, 2013, 3:56:56 PM5/21/13
to kyin3dprinters
My interest hinges on price.  Less than $75? Count me in.

Joshua Wilcox

May 21, 2013, 5:40:33 PM5/21/13
to kyin3dp...@googlegroups.com
LvL 1 could use some metal bars for the replicators. Dr Harnett has the files and knows what she wants.

Sent from my iPhone

Daniel Porter

May 21, 2013, 9:08:12 PM5/21/13
to kyin3dp...@googlegroups.com, paxti...@gmail.com
That sounds awesome.  I have not searched around for the all metal hot ends but would be interested in any designs you guys scavenge up.  Tomorrow I'll try to look at a few.  Are they just charging you tool time?

Daniel

Harrison Simrall

May 24, 2013, 9:24:20 PM5/24/13
to kyin3dp...@googlegroups.com, paxti...@gmail.com
What Brad said...

Randy

May 24, 2013, 9:31:40 PM5/24/13
to Kentuckiana 3D Printer Users Group
Can I get a summary of what benefits there are for the all-metal hot
end?

Sorry been out of the loop for a while, job, etc, etc.

Brad Luyster

May 24, 2013, 9:50:34 PM5/24/13
to kyin3dprinters
More durable, can print at ridiculously hot temperatures (for nylon, etc.)

Ben Williams

May 25, 2013, 10:30:16 PM5/25/13
to kyin3dp...@googlegroups.com
I would be down for one.

Sent from my iPhone

Daniel Porter

May 29, 2013, 1:01:36 PM5/29/13
to kyin3dp...@googlegroups.com, paxti...@gmail.com
Do we have any approximation on how much one of these will cost?  Any luck with the CAD files?