Cassandra Examples

Arnold Maderthaner

Dec 29, 2014, 8:58:06 AM12/29/14
to kundera...@googlegroups.com
Hi !

I'm new to Kundera and Cassandra and wanted to ask if there are some good examples available (how to use Kundera and embed it with other technologies like spring,jboss,tomcat,...) ?

Vivek Mishra

Dec 30, 2014, 12:14:35 AM12/30/14
to kundera...@googlegroups.com

Tarlochan Kalsi

Jan 9, 2015, 2:00:03 AM1/9/15
to kundera...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am new to Cassandra\Kundera world. I have cassandra 2.1 running on my local machine and  have downloaded kundera-cassandra-2.9.jar and kunder-core-2.9.jar  and included in class path.

I am trying to run the examples as per instructions at https://github.com/impetus-opensource/Kundera/wiki/Getting-Started-in-5-minutes and am getting exception as pasted at end of this message.I also tried to fix the exception by including scale7-pelops-0.913.jar but no luck. I noticed that this example assumes one's cassandra server version is 1.x.

Can you please guide me where to find and example of how to run this example with cassandra 2.1?

Thanks,
TK

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/scale7/cassandra/pelops/IConnectionAuthenticator
    at com.impetus.kundera.client.ClientResolver.instantiateClientFactory(ClientResolver.java:90)
    at com.impetus.kundera.client.ClientResolver.getClientFactory(ClientResolver.java:56)
    at com.impetus.kundera.configure.ClientMetadataBuilder.buildClientFactoryMetadata(ClientMetadataBuilder.java:39)
    at com.impetus.kundera.persistence.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.configureClientFactories(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:349)
    at com.impetus.kundera.persistence.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.<init>(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:113)
    at com.impetus.kundera.KunderaPersistence.createEntityManagerFactory(KunderaPersistence.java:83)
    at javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Unknown Source)
    at javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Unknown Source)
    at com.test.KunderaExample.main(KunderaExample.java:17)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.scale7.cassandra.pelops.IConnectionAuthenticator

Vivek Mishra

Jan 9, 2015, 3:02:03 AM1/9/15
to kundera...@googlegroups.com
hi,
Please share pom.xml and persistence.xml configurations which you got in place.

-Vivek

Tarlochan Kalsi

Jan 9, 2015, 3:34:50 PM1/9/15
to kundera...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
I am using the same persistance.xml as in the link ( https://github.com/impetus-opensource/Kundera/wiki/Getting-Started-in-5-minutes) and I am trying to build and run it using gradle on my eclipse environment. Here are the entries I added for getting the dependencies in my build.gradle:-

       compile group: 'com.impetus.client', name:'kundera-cassandra',  version: '2.9'
       compile group: 'com.github.stephenc.scale7', name:'scale7-pelops',  version: '0.913'

Thanks,
TK

TK

Jan 12, 2015, 7:08:27 PM1/12/15